Find results in...

2017 Recruiting Thread Part 1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All due respect to IT, but we've had the Graham commitment really well and have been saying not to worry for the last few weeks. In fact, I was told today by our fantastic source on the matter he's d

I don't think recognizing it as an asshole tweet is attacking the kid. For the kid, this is part of growing up. He'll make stupid decisions like this because he's young. They all do. But the longer th

I'm not going to be critical of Herman's class. Charlie's recruiting tactics played against Herman so when he hit the ground in Austin, he had some serious ground to make up. With the big names, it wa

Posted Images

Higs on JUCO RB

"Running back Krysten Hammon stands 5-foot-9, 180-pounds originally from Dickinson (Texas).  Hammon currently plays for ASA – The College for Excellence and is very familiar with the Texas Longhorns.

“I think we need to get an article out and make this happen,†Krysten Hammon said.  “I grew up playing ball with Foreman.  We played AAU football together.  I can carry that load.  I want to carry that load.  Quick, explosive, I get north and south and don’t do any dancing.  My vision and explosion are what I count on.  There is always room for improvement and with a great coach like Coach Herman I’m 100% sure there is a lot to learn from him and work on with him.  Texas Longhorns is home.â€

Keep an eye on the running back position as Texas closes in on National Signing Day.  There is a strong possibility the Longhorns shoot for two in the class of 2017."

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/story/1734025-juco-rb-krysten-hammon-calls-texas-home

A flood of CB picks for big Marvin to LSU today. That stinks, 247 is saying we will still get an in-home with him but I won't hold my breath. We will probably be haveing to block and contain him in a couple years when we have our home and home with LSU. I hope by then we are back to winning 10 games a yeae and not letting the big time players from Texas go out of state.

Higs on JUCO RB

"Running back Krysten Hammon stands 5-foot-9, 180-pounds originally from Dickinson (Texas). Hammon currently plays for ASA – The College for Excellence and is very familiar with the Texas Longhorns.

“I think we need to get an article out and make this happen,” Krysten Hammon said. “I grew up playing ball with Foreman. We played AAU football together. I can carry that load. I want to carry that load. Quick, explosive, I get north and south and don’t do any dancing. My vision and explosion are what I count on. There is always room for improvement and with a great coach like Coach Herman I’m 100% sure there is a lot to learn from him and work on with him. Texas Longhorns is home.”

Keep an eye on the running back position as Texas closes in on National Signing Day. There is a strong possibility the Longhorns shoot for two in the class of 2017."

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/story/1734025-juco-rb-krysten-hammon-calls-texas-home

Don't think there is anything to see here. Kid clearly wants an offer, but Texas is going in a different direction.

He officially visited Texas during the weekend prior to the dead period, and there was some chatter before that visit that he wasn’t 100% locked in with Nebraska. It will be interesting to see what Leitao does, as he may make a quick decision or he may decide to take some more visits after the dead period. It would be a nice pickup for Texas as they missed on JUCO TE Sal Cannella last week and still plan to take two TE’s in the 2017 class. Right now I feel very good about Texas’ chances in this one. – (Andrew)

– More on Leitao: Wanted to add a couple notes on Leitao. Firstly, I’m told from a physical perspective, Leitaeo has grown since he was first recruited by the Texas staff when they were at Houston. Leitao’s father is a basketball coach who stands around 6’8. Leitao measured in at 6’3 last year. He measured in at nearly 6’5 without shoes on his most recent trip to Texas. He’s a big young man who can really move and plays both sides of the ball. In fact he was offered at defensive end by both Oklahoma and Texas.

I am told that Leitao would prefer playing tight end. Between OU, TCU and Texas, Texas is the only program recruiting him as a tight end. Leitao did take a recent trip to TCU and I’m told it went well. Leitao let us know that he “probably won’t†take a visit to Oklahoma in January. – (Super K)

http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2016/12/open-post-monday-3/