Find results in...

2017 Recruiting Thread Part 1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All due respect to IT, but we've had the Graham commitment really well and have been saying not to worry for the last few weeks. In fact, I was told today by our fantastic source on the matter he's d

I don't think recognizing it as an asshole tweet is attacking the kid. For the kid, this is part of growing up. He'll make stupid decisions like this because he's young. They all do. But the longer th

I'm not going to be critical of Herman's class. Charlie's recruiting tactics played against Herman so when he hit the ground in Austin, he had some serious ground to make up. With the big names, it wa

Posted Images

A couple of Texas targets.

These are the 10 football recruits to know in the 2017 recruiting class

Dylan Moses

Rating, 247Sports Composite rank: 0.9997, 1
Position: OLB, RB
High school: IMG Academy (Fla.)
Notable offers: LSU, Alabama, Florida State, Texas
Commitment: Undecided
247Sports Crystal Ball favorite: LSU

At 6'2, 220 pounds, Moses is being recruited as both an outside linebacker and a running back. A wunderkind for some time, Moses was offered by Alabama and LSU while in 8th grade. While he currently plays at IMG Academy in Florida, Moses is initially from Baton Rouge, La. That could give hometown LSU a leg up, after the Tigers landed the No. 3 class in 2016, thanks largely to in-state recruits.

Marvin Wilson

Rating, 247Sports Composite rank: 0.9965, 5
Position: DT
High school: Episcopal (Texas)
Notable offers: LSU, USC, Alabama, Michigan, Texas
Commitment: Undecided
247Sports Crystal Ball prediction: Texas

It's always good to be the top-ranked player in Texas. The in-state Longhorns are the 247Sports crystal ball favorite for Wilson, and he's a very important player for the future of Texas football under Charlie Strong. However, LSU and USC are trending up for Wilson.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2016/2/5/10822898/top-ranked-college-football-recruits-2017-recruiting-class-dylan-moses-najee-harris

I love Coach Strong's recruiting style. We have missed a couple these last two cycles due to on field success or lack there of. He is careful and deliberate about who gets an offer and even more so on OV's. It's the perfect "supply and demand" scenario. He is driving the value of an offer up. After we win our 10 games plus a bowl win next year Longhorn offers will be like the "Golden tickets" to Mr. Wonkas factory. When the 2015 class becomes NFL draft eligible and 8-10 are taken in the first 3 rounds.....well you know. Wooooo! To be The Man you got to beat The Man

I love Coach Strong's recruiting style. We have missed a couple these last two cycles due to on field success or lack there of. He is careful and deliberate about who gets an offer and even more so on OV's. It's the perfect "supply and demand" scenario. He is driving the value of an offer up. After we win our 10 games plus a bowl win next year Longhorn offers will be like the "Golden tickets" to Mr. Wonkas factory. When the 2015 class becomes NFL draft eligible and 8-10 are taken in the first 3 rounds.....well you know. Wooooo! To be The Man you got to beat The Man

We've got a ton of player that will be drafted

We've got a ton of player that will be drafted

Yes we do. I think the downfall or hiatus of the program was two fold. Mack would clean up in recruiting but I he seemed to allow the recruiting services to evaluate the players. If they were a 5 star or high 4 star he went after them. The problem with that is you might not get guys who fit your identity (I actually don't know that we had an offensive or defensive identity in the later years) You also seldom see guys move down in the rankings and often those "studs" may lose some drive, peaked early, or bring the entitlement with them which became very common with our kids. The second issue was development and we did not develop anybody in Mack's last 3-4 years. Of course that was reflected in the draft. Recruits want several things when choosing a destination. Playing time, winning team, good facilities, good academics (sometimes) but the trump card for the elite guys is the opportunity to play at the next level. Strong won't be able to keep offering the opportunity of early PT much longer. Hopefully we will have the winning team covered soon. The big draw will be next level opportunities. Strong will have then ready for that. Every other box is checked at Texas so we should be reclaiming our standing as a powerhouse soon.

Jack Anderson is a Tech legacy and he won't go anywhere else but there. IMO. Would love to have him tho. His teammate Deaton is someone who I could see us offering and getting as an interior lineman.

Joey McGuire is a great coach. Very recently after he declined Texas job he was arrested for DWI and was retained as HFC at Cedar Hill. I have no problems with him keeping his job bc everyone makes mistakes. But that's a loaded gun now, what is a lowly position coach at CH gets arrested to they get retained or fired, if fired do they sue the school?

Eno Benjamin has not been offered yet but roughly 100 more offers will go out between now and next NSD.

Looking forward to a great season and a top 5 recruiting class!

The dumb ass Aggies gave the SEC the key to Texas

Mack Brown has to be given a lion share of the responsibility for what has happened with the SEC.  With a weak Texas and Big XII - II, where else are high caliber players going to go?  Sure Aggy made the SEC more attractive to Texas kids than they were before.  However if Texas was winning and putting players into the NFL, you could not convince me that these high school kids would not want to bring home a National Championship to their home state rather than winning another title for Alabama.  Pride in State of Texas football will win out when UT can give kids a team on the field that they can be proud to play on.  How else can you explain Charlie getting two top 10 recruiting classes going 6-7 and 5-7?  Kids are hungry to turn the flagship school of Texas back around and put our state back on the map.  I'm hoping Charlie can deliver because I'd love to see him recruit after some successful seasons not to mention once his players start getting drafted and showing success in the NFL.