Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2017 Recruiting Thread Part 1

Duke C #11

IMO they are hurting Heard if they move him back to QB because he has the measurables to be an excellent play making reciever, let him continue to develop.

He's not going to beat out Buchelle with another year under his belt.

I don't get all the second guessing? I guess we need something to talk about since no game weeks. Lol

Can he shoot a basketball?

He can dunk it http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2028047/58766889da5b3d325c1fb946

Anyways, maybe the new staff is learning the hard way out how tough it is to get in JUCOs?

We do now offically love DEs "with length"

Although I bet someone will test his hands -- scheming to match up your 6'7 TE against 5'10 DBs seems almost unfair

66521173.jpg

IMO they are hurting Heard if they move him back to QB because he has the measurables to be an excellent play making reciever, let him continue to develop.

He's not going to beat out Buchelle with another year under his belt.

I don't get all the second guessing? I guess we need something to talk about since no game weeks. Lol

Not really second guessing, but I can see the logic of why they're moving him back to QB. Shane got hurt a few times this year and other than Heard no one else on the roster has taken any in game snaps. Our QB depth is thin and I don't think the staff wants to rely on a true freshman QB incase Shane gets hurt.

2017 from Arizona -- 6'6 or 6'7 DE/TE

247 says an "intriguing jumbo athlete"

He de-committed from Washington State last night

Looks like we like him as a DE -- and he says he will OV to Austin midweek next week

Dude's from Arkansas, man, not Arizona. And he's the No. 17 rated player in Arkansas. Are we really offering the No. 17 rated player in Arkansas?

Five programs that need to close well by National Signing Day

Texas

Last year, the Longhorns closed with a wild flourish on National Signing Day to finish with the No. 3 class in the nation. Texas could use a similarly exceptional homestretch this year, as its current class ranks No. 38. Expecting a repeat is unlikely, though, as Tom Herman had a shorter timeframe to build relationships with recruits after taking over for Charlie Strong in late November. A better benchmark may be Strong’s first class in 2014, which finished No. 15.

So how could Texas climb? The Longhorns have an outside shot at five-star Marvin Wilson, the No. 10 overall recruit in the class. They are a leading candidate for five-star defensive end K’Lavon Chaisson. Texas is also chasing four-stars Levi Jones, Chevin Calloway and Stephan Zabie.

The biggest concerns for Texas center on programs outside the Lone Star State. Oklahoma is not just compiling the best class in the Big 12, but it’s doing so by a wide margin. The Sooners’ haul ranks No. 5 in the nation, 33 spots ahead of the Longhorns and the only Big 12 class in the top 30. The other program of concern is Ohio State. While Urban Meyer’s achievements as a recruiter are no surprise, he’s been particularly successful in Texas this year, landing two of the state’s six five-star recruits and three of the top 10 high school prospects in addition to five-star juco recruit Kendall Sheffield.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2017/01/20/recruiting-teams-improve-national-signing-day