Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update: Horns Baseball

• Administrators
Picked up some info that I wanted to pass along;

Trevor Teykl will be transferring to San Jac.

Also, today is the last day that MLB draft picks can sign with their team.

C.J. Hinojosa is on campus and the astros time is running out.

I would think Hinojosa is dead-set on playing at UT. His twitter account has been blowing up with tweets like "Austin, here I come," etc...

I find it crazy that high school baseball players are playing in these big name tournaments. High school football players as well. Too much pomp and circumstance for a 17 year old kid. They should experience high school and then play it real in college or the pros. All about the money.

I find it crazy that high school baseball players are playing in these big name tournaments. High school football players as well. Too much pomp and circumstance for a 17 year old kid. They should experience high school and then play it real in college or the pros. All about the money.

I understand what you are saying. But, It is all about competing and getting better. When these tournaments are put together, the players know that they will be facing the best. Which in turn either makes them better or they realize that they need to do something different. These tournaments also puts these players in front of scouts and College coaches as during the regular season high school ball coincide with the college season so the coaches can not get out and recruit until the Summer.

Little side note;

I enjoy going to the select tournaments they are very entertaining and you are able to get to see some great competition.

I understand what you are saying. But, It is all about competing and getting better. When these tournaments are put together, the players know that they will be facing the best. Which in turn either makes them better or they realize that they need to do something different. These tournaments also puts these players in front of scouts and College coaches as during the regular season high school ball coincide with the college season so the coaches can not get out and recruit until the Summer.

Little side note;

I enjoy going to the select tournaments they are very entertaining and you are able to get to see some great competition.

The business of high school sports is also big money and these kids are part of it. I like the fact they have an opportunity to showcase their skills and compete outside of school.