Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PSA: Do NOT Tweet at recruits

Will Baizer

As the time between now and National Signing Day dwindles I would like to remind all of you of one thing.

DO NOT TWEET AT RECRUITS

I know this won't come as news to any of you lovely people on this board. Just something I had to get off my chest after the past few weeks.

Especially after today's events (OTL story about Baylor rapes of 2012) that were brought to light by StringSays on twitter of Longhorns fans flaunting the rape news to Patrick Hudson

Come on yall...

172.gif

Don't get mad at StringSays of Good Bull Hunting for point out something Longhorn fans did because he's an Aggie writer because it "Wasn't an indictment on horns just shitty fans in general."  And he's right

Now that's where we delve into a few of my favorite ways to remember whether or not you should tweet at recruits

Red Cup Rebellion made a clock to see if it's time to tweet at recruits

Somebody even made this helpful flowchart of whether you should tweet at recruits

SmjLe7Q.png

So please don't end up looking like this jackass here and don't tweet at recruits... ever... or if you do... just don't. 

bWiS93d.jpg

(sidenote: Baylor of 2012 is much more different than Baylor of 2016. Still not perfect but much better)

I think this is aimed at one of our former members that is a self proclaimed high roller in Dubai/UAE and uses colorful centered fonts, Keep Calm memes and branded logos in his posts.

Just wouldn't be a quality thread without a negative reference to our former esteemed HS member, stalwart, and run on poster.

Just wouldn't be a quality thread without a negative reference to our former esteemed HS member, stalwart, and run on poster.

Negative?  No.  It's more like accurate. 

These kids have enough on their plates with school work, fielding calls and texts from college coaches and the recruiting websites, and from every local guy that knows them that is a fan of team X where they want the kid to go telling them whenever they see he kid out on the town.

Random "fans" on Twitter sending tweets to recruits is over the top.

I hadn't thought about him in a long time. Here's a private message he sent me once after I asked him to post in English.

monarch

Veteran

• photo-thumb-3137.jpg?_r=1417914070
  • Banned
  • 2,395 posts
  • LocationHouston / Beaumont TX
  • Texas_Longhorns.gif

Sent 18 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

It's "many of my great pals from far away places" or maybe "in far away places". As per usual, your constant misunderstanding of how and where to use "upon" overshadows the points you are trying to convey and makes your posts unreadable. I hereby request that you start posting in English. 

ls.jpg

please hurry and get your countryfied plano ass on over to your local SERVICE KING COLLISION REPAIR CENTER!  you have just collided with the wrong HS member.   it now seems as though, you are

hereby experiencing a brain leak.  additionally, before you take the initiative to start handing out ENGLISH LESSONS... please get your country ass out of plano, tx.  you just may inspire some

form of credibility.... 

<p>

I hadn't thought about him in a long time. Here's a private message he sent me once after I asked him to post in English. monarch

Veteran

• photo-thumb-3137.jpg?_r=1417914070
  • Banned
  • 2,395 posts
  • LocationHouston / Beaumont TX
  • Texas_Longhorns.gif

Sent 18 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

It's "many of my great pals from far away places" or maybe "in far away places". As per usual, your constant misunderstanding of how and where to use "upon" overshadows the points you are trying to convey and makes your posts unreadable. I hereby request that you start posting in English.

ls.jpg

please hurry and get your countryfied plano ass on over to your local SERVICE KING COLLISION REPAIR CENTER! you have just collided with the wrong HS member. it now seems as though, you are

hereby experiencing a brain leak. additionally, before you take the initiative to start handing out ENGLISH LESSONS... please get your country ass out of plano, tx. you just may inspire some

form of credibility....

How very eloquent.

Plano=country. Who knew? ;)