Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

National Signing Day 2016 Thread

HornSports Staff

When are we going to hear about the coaching updates? We still got a Rb coaching position available.

Per the NSD presser, CS said they'd start working on it now that they got the recruiting out of the way. I gotta believe they have had some conversations and targets in mind. Thought that might be the news tonight but apparently we might be waiting a little while. Pure speculation

If you have to grade this recruiting class what would you give them?

For reasons I cannot explain, I feel it's one of the best ever. Is going to be a really special group.

And beyond film based evidence of ability and potential on the field, this group coming on board brings a special attitude, and frankly a big part of it is love. That can extend to playing for and with fellow players, the coaches, the program, the meaning of being here, the expansion of appreciation. Sharing playing time. How freshmen are treated by upper classmen. Bonding with fellow players, quality locker room, practice, workouts, off field, on field, getting thru classes, all of it.

I see the classes that led to 2005 being much the same. Special group of guys to have come together. The 2015 and 2016 classes have potential to build the sense of coming and being here. Look how the recruits have already bonded with the players here. We have a wide base of leadership forming. I thought it odd how Charlie wanted the players to take full ownership of all leadership and responsibility. I'm beginning to see what he means.

And, yep, there's a deep trait of character of love that is part of it. Genuine. Real. Practical. Believe there is a lot to that.  Some programs attract players for different reasons, different calling. I see something special here in the attitude of choosing to come here. Even Charlie loves the recruits and their families to the degree in how he treats them and respects them. He wants them, but wants them to decide for all the right reasons. Gives them room for that, all the while never giving up on them.

He's earning the same from the recruits and their families. Hook'em!! #BELIEVE

DBook earned a lot of credit through this recruiting cycle. It was refreshing to me to see someone quietly say he knew someone and would not waste time arguing the fact. Normally the guys that post that dont know any more than I do ......

Thanks DBook.....great job.

Also...great job by the moderators and all that helped make this thread a good read. This site has earned my loyalty....Thanks again.

I guess we can't call Jones and Fowler "shockers"

But those are the 2 I was most nervous about

My exact thoughts and sentiments. I felt those two would make the most difference, in a particular way, jointly sending the most shattering signal elsewhere. If you know what I mean. A twin-edged accomplishment.

I was also astonished to see the character of many of the other recruits. Had no idea the caliber of recruits we were pursuing. Man Alive!!! as they saying goes.

But these two will have greatly helped turn the tables on recruiting for quite some time.

And no small task to overstate the importance and long-term effects of the decision by Kyle Porter.

So, who does everyone think will start at QB for the ND game this year?

Probably going to be Heard BUT Kai is supposedly turning some heads so far in the summer workouts as well as spending a lot of his own time working with receivers to try and improve his game. Everyone gets a fresh start with GIlberts arrival so it will be interesting to see who wins the job.

My exact thoughts and sentiments. I felt those two would make them most difference here while sending the most shattering signal elsewhere. If you know what I mean. A twin-edged accomplishments.

I was also astonished to see the character of many of the other recruits. Had no idea the caliber of recruits we were pursuing. Man Alive!!! as they saying goes.

But these two will have turned the tables on recruiting for quite some time.

that's what struck me too, these recruits are stand up young men...like last years. Malik continues to impress with his maturity and leadership. Not saying none will ever do something stupid...but I don't see any armed robberies within this bunch :)

Wouldn't be a surprise. He's been high on Strong for quite some time now. Some thought he was going to commit before the 2015 season started. Would love to have him.

First class site with first class members. Many thanks to everyone to include moderators and 'insiders' with info to share. I #Believe we have a lot to look forward to with the last two classes on board. The culture of our program has now turned the corner. It's officially become Strongs mentality... Savages.

I want to echo some of the sentiments expressed by others....thanks to everyone who brings info and opinions to this forum.  I am usually lurking and not necessarily contributing, but because the members are so good, I lurk A LOT.

It's been a hell of a ride these last few weeks, capped off by the best NSD in a LOOONG time for our beloved Longhorns.

Thanks and Hook Em!