• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Finish with Taylor and Porter...

aakeys

and it's a good class.

Good quarterback.

Good receivers.

Good depth guy on the offensive line (but not a guy who should start this year, in my opinion) in Delance.

Top flight defensive tackle in Taylor who can play alongside Boyette next year and then replace Boyette in 2017 when Boyette goes off gloriously to the NFL, which he will--freaking count on it.

Good running back in Porter who has excellent cutting ability and extraordinary hip movement and fluidity, which allows him to get up-field and make positive yardage with great success and regularity--really an extraordinary talent in that regard, quite frankly--just extraordinary.

The other positions in the class (other than the thus-far committed defensive linemen, who are all basically very poor, quite frankly) I have purposely not analyzed as of yet, as I believe the focus needs to be on playing the right guys among the players who are currently on the roster.

Needed pieces in each class, and properly evaluating the guys who are currently on the roster--those are the two keys.

By the way, to sirhornsalot:  you said that I can't name one receiver who Norvell has screwed up.  I will tell you 4 wide receivers / tight ends who Norvell should have played last year to move the chains with their size, reliability and ability:  Jake Oliver (the all-time receptions leader in Texas high school football history, by the way, and a 3-time 5A all-state player); Garrett Gray (all-state the only two years he played high school football); Deandre McNeal (the real star at Mesquite Poteet, lol, using the Tony Franklin system, lol); and the big and reliable Dorian Leonard.  That's how he screwed up the receivers, and it was obvious every freaking game.  Thank you so very much--really, thank you so very much, lol.

By the way, to sirhornsalot:  you said that I can't name one receiver who Norvell has screwed up.  I will tell you 4 wide receivers / tight ends who Norvell should have played last year to move the chains with their size, reliability and ability:  Jake Oliver (the all-time receptions leader in Texas high school football history, by the way, and a 3-time 5A all-state player); Garrett Gray (all-state the only two years he played high school football); Deandre McNeal (the real star at Mesquite Poteet, lol, using the Tony Franklin system, lol); and the big and reliable Dorian Leonard.  That's how he screwed up the receivers, and it was obvious every freaking game.  Thank you so very much--really, thank you so very much, lol.

Jake Oliver, Garrett Gray have been permanent members of the sideline club. You can't say they're screwed up if there is no decline in performance.

McNeal got into trouble with Charlie.

Brickhands Leonard . . Norvell can do a lot of things, but catch the ball for his players he cannot.

giphy.gif

Taylor would be a great pickup. IMO for the 10 spaces left 3 OL 2DT 3LB and 2safteys. Leave off one OL if a RB is of high priorty.

As for as Norvell even he is thought highly by many, he has never proved much to me. Then it has ben many years since Texas has had an elite WR, AKA TCU, Okie ST, Baylor and other schools outside the Big 12.