Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 WWBA 2013 Grads or 17u National Championship

Title is a little misleading but this topic does belong here.

If you are not familiar with Select Baseball, then this is probably one of if not the biggest tournament that will take place this summer. Not only for these High school kids but for the Scouts and College Coaches. You can bet that Skip and Tommy Nicholson will be in attendance at this tournament.

This tournament is held every year at Marietta, Georgia where over 240 select teams from across the country gather in Georgia to see who is the top Select Team.

Most of the Current Longhorn recruiting class of 2013 will be in attendance with their select team. Players like LHP Trey Ball, playing for the Indiana Prospect. The Prospects have 7 current Div 1 players committed to a college, Trey Ball being one of them.

SS/RHP Andy McGuire from Virginia, we be playing for the Evoshield Canes. The Canes have over 17 players that are committed to a Div 1 School.

RHP Blake Goins and the Columbia Angles. There is one player that I am keeping a close tab on and that is Dominic Taccolini, this young man is a player. He is currently uncommitted.

One of the more interesting match ups will be the Canes(Andy McGuire) Vs. Columbia Angels(Blake Goins). This game will take place on Saturday Evening.

Then from the 2014 class you have Jake Jarvis, Jarvis is a 2B/RHP that plays for the Houston Banditos during the summer and plays for Klein Collins High School.

This is a week long event that kicks off this Friday and runs through Next Friday the 13th.

This is the main Link, I have also added hyper links up above and those will take you to the roster.

http://perfectgame.org/events/Default.aspx?event=1206

Any questions let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you.

This tournament is on my bucket list.....

Cool info DJB and hopefully you cross that off your bucket list sometime soon! IS this event televised at all? Maybe through super pirated cable????

Man, I wish! I would love to be able to watch some of these games even if it is on the computer. I will ask around and see what I can come up with.

Blake Goins had another great outing out at the WWBA 17U championship. He was one out away from a complete game moving Columbia Angels to the Semi-final game. Their match up will be the Houston Banditos. Jake Jarvis was on the roster but has since been replace with Zane Gurwitz. Zane will be a Senior this year and will be signing his LOI with Texas this November.

All Zane did yesterday was go 2-4, with 1 double and drove in 1 run while scoring 2.

The winner of that game will play in the Championship game today at 11:30. The Semi-Final game should be under way...