Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sterlin Gilbert turns down Texas (or not?) UPDATED

Mike Roach

Why would Mike be gone, maybe because everyone thought it was a done deal. Including him.

Now if he stays gone, I'd be concerned. But if you take off thinking something is in the bag, like we thought. And get this shit pulled on you, now we see what he's made of.

If he is still in NYC tomorrow, then I call for his throat.

Is the Heisman ceremony tomorrow?

We just got rejected by the girl that we all knew was going to grow up to be hot but at this given moment is not.

How the hell do we get rejected by anything associated with Tulsa. I have thrown that "We are Texas" bullshit out of my mind for awhile, but Tulsa?

How the hell is the next step not being put out there by someone, unless ALL Texas recruiting services are too ashamed to make a move after two screw ups.

Per Chip:

"Gilbert had a great interview with Strong on Wednesday and left feeling good about things while also under the impression he'd be getting a three-year guaranteed contract worth between $650,000 and $750,000 per year once the job. But then Gilbert was ultimately offered a two-year guaranteed contract worth $650,000 per year.

The confusion over the contract terms, among other things, caused Gilbert to turn down the job"

Per Chip....

The verbal agreement was 3 years guaranteed for 650k - 750k, which Gilbert was happy with

But when we sent the contract it was only for 2 years.

Per Bobby Burton,

Charlie had the authority to offer 3 years and led Gilbert to believe that's what he was offering. But that he only offered him 2 years. 

OB's has their take as well. And I'm sure that IT does also.

Don't know who to believe at this point?

Why would Mike be gone, maybe because everyone thought it was a done deal. Including him.

Now if he stays gone, I'd be concerned. But if you take off thinking something is in the bag, like we thought. And get this shit pulled on you, now we see what he's made of.

If he is still in NYC tomorrow, then I call for his throat.

With all this going on, an AD should be right there on the spot till the fat lady sings,it's signed, sealed and delivered. That's his job. Now look at the mess. All this after he was made permanent AD too.

Stay tuned, they're feeling the heat and attempting to rectify the situation.

Rectify? This shit better be fixed or whoever the hell is at that table deserves to be let go. When you sit at the head of the table, you better have the balls to go against the grain and fire Strong or give him what he wants. If you are going to be deceitful to save face with your colleagues then GTFO you don't deserve to be at the damn table in the first place.

They better of gotten a wake up call that if they do not close this deal, then their jobs are right there connected with Coach Strong. If Strong doesn't succeed because they didn't do their jobs then they do not deserve to have the jobs.

This is a load of crap that this has to even get anywhere close to the situation that we are currently in. Now if i am a position coach and Gilbert wants me to come and join him, i have to question if i want to go through the same shit.