Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sterlin Gilbert turns down Texas (or not?) UPDATED

Mike Roach

This isn't on the AD. What AD in their right mind would tell a potential OC that Charlie's job is safe for several more years after watching the last 2 seasons. Nobody can make guarantees like that. 2 years of guaranteed money is the best they could do. I understand it.

Who's next?????

I agree.

The President and AD are front door Admin, Charlie is getting back roomed!  He wanted Gilbert and Gilbert wanted in.  They were down to minor details, this deal was done...The folks that pay the tab are the problem.  Charlie has zero support from those that have their own ideas and wishes on who they want as the HC.  He wont be "compensated" as Sir whatever has mentioned, they are attempting to run him off.

Take this for it's worth.

Over on OB's there is a poster who says he has friends at TCU. Said the issue with Cumbie had to do with relating to and working with Charlie. Said the words "culture shock" was used.

Another poster followed up with pretty much the same sentiments and still another poster who said he had met Charlie used the word "unprofessional".

Weird. I've heard unorganized before. But many people in the past spoke to his professionalism.

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011
— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

OK, I'm still trying to understand this "UT administration and BOR is trying to sabotage Strong" conspiracy theory.

Why wouldn't the BOR approve his contract?

Wasn't a budget established for the OC and coaching staff changes before the interview process?

Something doesn't add up here. The only constant throughout this drama is Strong himself. Why don't coaches want to work for/with him?

OK, I'm still trying to understand this "UT administration and BOR is trying to sabotage Strong" conspiracy theory.

Why wouldn't the BOR approve his contract?

Wasn't a budget established for the OC and coaching staff changes before the interview process?

Something doesn't add up here. The only constant throughout this drama is Strong himself. Why don't coaches want to work for/with him?

That would make sense if coaches weren't willing to work with Strong in the past. The coaches who have worked with him some speak glowingly of him.

I'm literally sick. People are saying the administration is screwing Strong. Others are saying Strong is telling Gilbert that he can't let go of Watson.

What the hell is happening right now.

I think the only people that really have a clue as to what's going on are those like Charlie, Perrin etc. None of the sites really have a clue. All I know is that Texas looks like a total shit show right now. It's pretty damned embarrassing.

That would make sense if coaches weren't willing to work with Strong in the past. The coaches who have worked with him some speak glowingly of him.

and some describe him as "unprofessional", "unorganized", and "dysfunctional". But, that's all hearsay.

Why in the world wouldn't the BOR approve Gilbert's contract? Especially if it was for half as much as the Cumbie offer? Makes zero sense.