Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Mike Roach

Sterlin Gilbert turns down Texas (or not?) UPDATED

Exactly why I don't care for BMD's and the power they demand in return for their "charitable" donations.

Yea, it seems they never were behind them. My conspiracy story is they thought they had Saban in the bag and wanted Brown gone. they also wanted Oliver Luck as the AD but he stated he wouldn't fire Brown so they got Patterson who would. Petterson did the dirty work then Saban didn't come so he went out and got Strong to clean out the locker room. They fire Patterson cause he never was a good fit and now they want Strong gone.

This is not the Texas of years ago. Things change, culture changes, Texas isn't the "it" school anymore and those old rich geezers have no frigging clue.

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

What does that mean? I'm just as upset as the next guy, but I feel like a lot of people and media are throwing around thoughts and feelings (it was B.O.R's fault, it was AD's fault, it was CS's fault) but yet nobody has any primary evidence to what ACTUALLY happened and why. In this day and age of social media, we need to be more careful with our words because false rumors can do a lot of damage. Let's wait for things to clear up before pointing such angry fingers.

This is a mess, but we can't make it worse and add to the mayhem by talking mess about people when nothing is truly confirmed/cited yet (in terms of what went down and why and whose fault is it).

Pretty much everyone knows Higdon is connected to Strong (or someone close). We also know Burton was Mack's mouthpiece for years. Wonder where Burton is getting his info from?

I don't like that a narrative is getting pushed here. Either the administration or the staff is putting BS out there. And neither Insider party is letting up. I just find it interesting that 247 is the only site claiming it is Strong's fault.

I don't like that a narrative is getting pushed here. Either the administration or the staff is putting BS out there. And neither Insider party is letting up. I just find it interesting that 247 is the only site claiming it is Strong's fault.

Take this for it's worth.

Over on OB's there is a poster who says he has friends at TCU. Said the issue with Cumbie had to do with relating to and working with Charlie. Said the words "culture shock" was used. 

Another poster followed up with pretty much the same sentiments and still another poster who said he had met Charlie used the word "unprofessional". 

While I cannot say I know exactly who or what group is responsible for this current mess, I do feel comfortable saying the head of the Athletic Department should have been in Austin in his office today trying to resolve the issues before they were allowed to fester and then explode all over social media.  We do not need an absentee AD with our current state of affairs.

Take this for it's worth.

Over on OB's there is a poster who says he has friends at TCU. Said the issue with Cumbie had to do with relating to and working with Charlie. Said the words "culture shock" was used. 

Another poster followed up with pretty much the same sentiments and still another poster who said he had met Charlie used the word "unprofessional". 

Fantastic

We've heard "unorganized" and now "unprofessional". I'd love to know what Cumbie meant by "culture shock".

While I cannot say I know exactly who or what group is responsible for this current mess, I do feel comfortable saying the head of the Athletic Department should have been in Austin in his office today trying to resolve the issues before they were allowed to fester and then explode all over social media.  We do not need an absentee AD with our current state of affairs.

Has Perrin returned from NYC yet?

and still another poster who said he had met Charlie used the word "unprofessional".

That does not sound good either.

But ..... if this is common knowledge as those posters suggest, then Mike Perrin MUST be aware of it, right?

Perrin is a smart guy, so he would have to have noticed this.

And, thus, all the more reason for him to be in Austin this weekend instead of taking a holiday vacation to New York.