Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sterlin Gilbert turns down Texas (or not?) UPDATED

Mike Roach

Others are saying Strong is telling Gilbert that he can't let go of Watson.

I doubt this is true but if it is then Charlie should be fired.  Watson has not only screwed Charlie himself but the fans and the players.  Why on earth would he want to keep him.

Then the AD should fire Charlie. Its their fault if they're not willing to make the decision. You either support him and expect success or you don't. if you don't - fire him.

They are giving him another year. I don't know about the money offer to Cumbie vs Gilbert......or Watson or Wickline, but I am telling you not one person in the world is going to meet with an OC and tell them they can guarantee Charlie is safe for the long haul. I am sure Perrin talk as good as he could, but GUARANTEE LONG HAUL.....No way. The guarantee was 2 years guaranteed payment of your salary if Charlie is fired. Maybe that wasn't assurance enough

What in the...!!

Can't even... alright I'm staying off recruiting blogs until a day after NSD.

Always rooted for CS, but it seems his hiring of Watson AND handling thereafter will be his downfall.

Damn I wanted CS to succeed. But after Watson and also the questionable time clock management more than once, which falls on the HC, I am not as proCS as I once was.

Hope I'm wrong, but damn it's hard to be supportive/understanding right now.

You know. I read this and I'm thinking this is all speculation and rumor. Everyone and his brother is trying to out scoop. Wake me up when it's over. No need to react and over react until the truth is told.

I really don't believe Perrin would do have the stuff that is written here. Patterson, maybe. Perrin should know better. Charlie has 3 more years on his contract and he'll be here for 3 more years. That is all they have to say.

Reading different reports on different sites about what happened. Truth is, no one really knows yet exactly what happened.

Here is what I do know. The Administration and Charlie are clearly not on the same page. And, if the the truth be known, it's probably on both of them. 

To me, it appears that the Administration wants Charlie gone but don't have the backbone and the balls to just do it so they are trying to get him to quit. But Charlie doesn't want to quit, for obvious reasons, even though it should be quite evident that he is not wanted here.

The Administration just needs to suck it up and do what they want to do. 

Then go get Tom Herman.

Reading different reports on different sites about what happened. Truth is, no one really knows yet exactly what happened.

Here is what I do know. The Administration and Charlie are clearly not on the same page. And, if the the truth be known, it's probably on both of them. 

To me, it appears that the Administration wants Charlie gone but don't have the backbone and the balls to just do it so they are trying to get him to quit. But Charlie doesn't want to quit, for obvious reasons, even though it should be quite evident that he is not wanted here.

The Administration just needs to suck it up and do what they want to do. 

Then go get Tom Herman.

I tend to think you are right.  They make all the public announcement about him needing more support and but are trying to make him fail.

The problem is the damage they are causing to the so called "brand" is immense.

I

From Eric nahlin:  Texas would prefer the illusion of support rather than actually supporting Strong. The BOR is dragging its feet with Gilbert like with Cumbie. Whoever leaked the terms for Cumbie (and it wasn't Strong's camp) are gumming up negotiations with other candidates.

AnwarRichardson: Going to be tough for Texas coach Charlie Strong to dig out this hole if the people above him won't give him the coaches he wants

As a graduate of this fine institution, i'm pissed at the back room Donor/BOR contingent that is doing everything they can to get their way.  Strong is screwed, they won't give him who he wants.  Offers were on the table for both....  These idiots need to act like men and force the admin to fire him if this is how they want to play the game.   He deserves better than this!