Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sterlin Gilbert turns down Texas (or not?) UPDATED

Mike Roach

Other than obvious fact that Traylor is probably our best coach on staff why is he always accompanying Strong on interviews?  He is 12 months out of HS.  I love the guy so I am not blasting at all.  Is he basically there to help Strong decide on the offensive aspects?  Might as well make Traylor co-HC.

Other than obvious fact that Traylor is probably our best coach on staff why is he always accompanying Strong on interviews? He is 12 months out of HS. I love the guy so I am not blasting at all. Is he basically there to help Strong decide on the offensive aspects? Might as well make Traylor co-HC.

Former TX HS football coach who had previous relationship with both Cumbie and Gilbert. Also, I expect, because Traylor will be a big part of the offensive staff moving forward. And because he kicks immeasurable amounts of ass.

Wonder how much of a raise Traylor is going to get out of this.

Former TX HS football coach who had previous relationship with both Cumbie and Gilbert. Also, I expect, because Traylor will be a big part of the offensive staff moving forward. And because he kicks immeasurable amounts of ass.

Wonder how much of a raise Traylor is going to get out of this.

Hoo-Rah!

He's basically our version of Chuck Norris

As most of you know, due to weekly chemo and job demands, I'm trying very hard to stay out of stressful situations.

I kept an eye on this, but managed to just let it play out. I suspect that Gilbert was Strong's preferred candidate all along, but that could be wrong. Fenves & Perrin's flight with Strong and Traylor seem to me to represent solidarity against outside forces. It came together quickly considering that these men all have families and, I would imagine that both Fenves and Perrin had to clear schedules for the evening. It also implies very solid behind the scenes support from McRaven.

Let Briles put that in his pipe and smoke it. He's slime, and he has now lost twice to us this year-on the field and wrt our offensive coordinator.

Hook em!!

As most of you know, due to weekly chemo and job demands, I'm trying very hard to stay out of stressful situations.

I didnt know that, best wishes on that front.

if ever there was a week to have been "under a rock" this was it.  Crawl out from under it on Monday, and just say "Oh, so we got Gilbert, good deal."

Thanks, Juan, prognosis very good. Just must stick to program. All signs point to recovery, and I have tolerated chemo very well. No work missed to date for it. :-). Only 5 treatments to go! Most people at MDA are in much worse shape than I. It's very humbling.

I just try to stay positive, minimize stress, and follow doctor's orders. He is wonderful. It really helps put things into perspective when I see what they are dealing with.

Hook 'em!

Thanks, Juan, prognosis very good. Just must stick to program. All signs point to recovery, and I have tolerated chemo very well. No work missed to date for it. :-). Only 5 treatments to go! Most people at MDA are in much worse shape than I. It's very humbling.

I just try to stay positive, minimize stress, and follow doctor's orders. He is wonderful. It really helps put things into perspective when I see what they are dealing with.

Hook 'em!

Having gone through two heart by-pass surgeries, I know a serious sickness can certainly change your outlook on life.  You quickly learn that a lot things you once thought were really important don't really mean much at all.  Faith, Family and close Friends become very cherished. 

Hang in there.  Your attitude will help you immensely. 

This is an interesting article on the offense that Sterlin Gilbert runs and how our roster fits.

http://insidetexas.com/inside-the-gameplan-briles-ball-comes-to-texas/

You know, Texas has the talent on defense to be very, very good the next couple of years. The LBs and DBs will be outstanding and if they can get a couple of stud DL guys then they will be the top defense in the B12 (probably in 2017). If the offense can be 50-75% of Baylors offense then this team is on the verge of something special. If they can avg 35pts/gm, I'm confident the defense can hold teams to under 24pts/gm. That equals a lot of wins in the future, imo.

Thanks, Juan, prognosis very good. Just must stick to program. All signs point to recovery, and I have tolerated chemo very well. No work missed to date for it. :-).

Find a nice wig?  I remember taking my sister shopping -- learned alot about the wig business

Hook 'em!

I've worked at MDA for around 10 years and love this place! You won't find better care anywhere from the docs and clinical staff to the support staff and volunteers.  The most incredible thing about the place is the patients, no one fights harder or overcomes more, they/you are inspiring and very humbling.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment!  If you ever want to talk Longhorn football over a cup of...well...java, let me know.