Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sterlin Gilbert turns down Texas (or not?) UPDATED

Mike Roach

Reputation of UT Football being destroyed in one day.

Fenves sensed this too, explaining his quick entry and resolution.

When he got word of what was happening today, and learned of the allegations Strong did not have full Admin support, he responded on twitter.

I dont know if you looked, but he got a ton of replies to that tweet (including mine).  The great bulk of the replies went something like --  "Yeah, well, words are cheap -- where is the action?"

Within a couple hours, he had a plane fueling and a flight plan to Tulsa.

Where our actual AD was throughout all of this (including Cumbie), I have no idea.

Today's issues resemble backroom Bigotry, Narcissism, Sabotage, Corruption

Take a pick. This is bigger than athletics

I think that was a possibility if the allegations from today were true, that he did not have admin or BOR support.  And then he quit or was forced out.

Whether any of things you list were actually true would not have mattered.  That is what was going to be hung around out necks.  It would have been bad.

But hopefully Fenves' sudden intervention (what else can it be called?) has circumvented all of that.  He made an effort to quickly get in front of it and alter the narrative before it ever had a chance to get grounded.

I think he made it in time.

So instead this will go down as a big bump in the road, a momentary clusterf'ck.  But it wont rise to the level of institutional slime.  We got past it. thanks to Fenves.

This is my best guess anyway.  Time will tell of course.

What do you guys think?

I think that was a possibility if the allegations from today were true, that he did not have admin or BOR support.  And then he quit or was forced out.

Whether any of things you list were actually true would not have mattered.  That is what was going to be hung around out necks.  It would have been bad.

But hopefully Fenves' sudden intervention (what else can it be called?) has circumvented all of that.  He made an effort to quickly get in front of it and alter the narrative before it ever had a chance to get grounded.

So instead this will go down as a big bump in the road, a momentary clusterf'ck.  But it wont rise to the level of institutional slime.  We got past it. thanks to Fenves.

What do you guys think?

Fenves proved himself worthy of the President title. I just hope that it doesn't stop with a flight to Tulsa. Changes need to be made behind the scenes.

What do you guys think?

I have a headache.

• Administrators

Fenves sensed this too, explaining his quick entry and resolution.

When he got word of what was happening today, and learned of the allegations Strong did not have full Admin support, he responded on twitter.

I dont know if you looked, but he got a ton of replies to that tweet (including mine).  The great bulk of the replies went something like --  "Yeah, well, words are cheap -- where is the action?"

Within a couple hours, he had a plane fueling and a flight plan to Tulsa.

Where our actual AD was throughout all of this (including Cumbie), I have no idea.

We received a text that basically said Fenves accompanying Strong to Tulsa = serious business.  The University has one hell of a President.  This should make UT fans EXTREMELY proud. 

I think he made it in time. We got past it. thanks to Fenves.

This is my best guess anyway. Time will tell of course.

What do you guys think?

I continue to view this from Strongs perspective. He's a Man with a wife and kids. Hes a protector/provider like most of us. Its apparent this issue has become personal with a hidden few. Its difficult to give your all and be 100% dedicated/focused when you dont know who to trust.

I hope we are past this, but I fear we are not.

I have a headache.

Could always be worse ... this mess cold have led to a program implosion that would have taken years to come back from.

Ugh.

That bleak future on top of the last 5 years had me, at one point today, contemplating giving it all up for a few years, just walking away, going into Operation Shutdown. 

I must say after today's turmoil we endured this has actually brought users together. I know it won't last long but it is great to see everyone unite. Hook'em

I

Completely agree. It was a good day for fan unification. Heck, I've never been more in agreement with MB than I was today. I owe him a drink whenever I make it back down to TX.