Find results in...

Raulerson transferring

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

-Starts by saying this is the first thread that he has ever "started" on OB and that his post was approved by Jake.   -In 2015 Jake weighed 302 lbs. Was plenty strong compared to his peers.   -Pra

If there's a way for our new O-Line coach, Mattox, to convince Raulerson to stay, we should do it.   This O-Line needs all the quality depth it can get. Jake will get a clean slate and opportunity w

Please make this happen! Would love for this kid to stick around with a new opportunity.

There was a crack in the door for Mattox to re-engage Jake if he wanted.

As of this moment, it appears he did not. (Chip thinks there is still a chance, Higs does not)

This story is somewhat puzzling when you look at our depth chart at center.

Dan Neil's idea is to move Santos there (who is reportedly up to ~270 now).

As a sidenote, Neil also said, early in the season, even after the ND Game, that we would beat Baylor and win the B12.  I LOLd at the time, but he was 1/2 right.

Prime example of why i cant stand the player personnel decisions made on gameday. We saw countless times that Coach Strong's staff went with the senior even though they clearly were not the best player we had at that position.

He better quit that shit or he wont be here the following year.

I don't understand this statement or the fact that it received 2 likes.  

The secondary featured DDavis, KBoyd, HHill & Locke all receiving significant playing time as freshmen.  Obviously Malik started at LB with Wheeler seeing meaningful snaps as the season went along.  Williams and Vahe started up front and Foreman basically replaced JGray even when Gray was healthy later in the year.  At WR, JBurt started as a freshmen not to mention an underclassmen started in front of a returning starter at QB after the first game of the season.

Not only do I not agree with the statement, but seems like the total opposite is true.  Are you basing this on Doyle starting in front of Jake?  I don't get it.

Java, I was referring to what I heard about him leaving player decisions up to the position coach. If that is true, it would seem that Charlie could have made sure that Jake played more if he had given the instruction. It seems strange to me that Jake would have been promised more playing time by Charlie (if he was) and then not getting to play more.

Here we are in the midst of desperately trying to recruit offensive linemen, while at the same time essentially running off what has always seemed to be a great prospect that is already on our roster. It doesn't make a lot of sense unless he is just not that good.

The question then becomes: is he as good as the ones we are trying to recruit? I do not know.

Java, glad to hear you are doing well. My bride had a bout with breast cancer in 2014 and is doing very well. We were very fortunate for the early detection We will be praying for your recovery.

Thank you to all of you for the good wishes. There is so much education that needs to be done on breast cancer, and it's something that I want to contribute to when I finish running all over God's Green Earth seeing doctors. You cannot imagine how many kids have told me their mom, aunt, or grandmother quit therapy because of the side effects.

I realize that I have been very fortunate, but I cannot imagine giving up on life-saving therapy due to side effects. We need to do more education on screening, selection of a facility, and types of services available.

My admiration for Dennis has grown, and I didn't think that was possible. He never gave up, and he never lost his positive outlook.

Please keep the prayers coming.

Is Raulerson big enough to play OL?  I've seen posts that range from he can't gain weight to some that claim he is 300 lbs.  WTF, if he is 290 lbs I have to question Wickline's motives for not playing him.  It disgusts me to see a player gung ho on UT not getting the chance to prove himself.  If he is going to be a 250 lb Junior, maybe he can't play at the level Texas needs but if he has the size to play the new OL coach Mattox needs to put the press on.

Is Raulerson big enough to play OL? I've seen posts that range from he can't gain weight to some that claim he is 300 lbs. WTF, if he is 290 lbs I have to question Wickline's motives for not playing him. It disgusts me to see a player gung ho on UT not getting the chance to prove himself. If he is going to be a 250 lb Junior, maybe he can't play at the level Texas needs but if he has the size to play the new OL coach Mattox needs to put the press on.

According to Raulerson's dad, who most deem trustworthy, Wickline is the reason why Jake never played.

Mattox and Gilbert have not had face/practice time with Raulerson but if they think Raulerson is good enough to play in the rotation, then they should go after him to stay.  If Jake graded out well because he was playing against 2nd and 3rd teamers during mop up time, then the coaches need to take a hard look at that.  Mattox doesn't want to promise playing time if it is not justified and Jake doesn't want to stay just to be passed over again.  One problem is that centers don't usually rotate in and out like guards and tackles can.  It's hard decisions all around.

I just saw Jake a few days ago lifting weights here in Celina down at the high school.  He is a lot bigger now and he is everybit of 300 or more now  and pretty damn strong from watching him lift.  I will say one thing he is very dedicated and worksout at 100% as he was drenched.  I was suprised to see how little rest he took and the amount of agility work he was doing.  I think he has already made his decision but I know nothig more than that!  

• 3 weeks later...