Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Raulerson transferring

UTK66

Given what all of the insiders are saying, I can't imagine Wickline will be staying.

Agreed. Bobby's early morning report on Horns247 has him as good as gone, which is OK with me. If he can't even get along with a good kid like Jake, he's probably a complete asshole, pardon my french so early in the morning.

Shackleford will be coming to Texas if Wickline is gone. That's what I was told as of yesterday. Apparently he didn't get along real well with him. I think Shackelford could play center. He's big, athletic, and mean enough to get in there to shake things up. From a coach I talked to at Belton "meanest o-lineman I have ever seen." That could be relative, but he's been coaching for awhile.

NTG

Can you give us a few more specifics?

One of the mods said that it's no big secret that Jake didn't exactly get a fair shake this year. That even when Doyle would struggle, Jake never got in the games. Even in blowouts when they were playing all the other second stringers he wouldn't get to play. And that it was especially frustrating for Jake when he was told pretty much every single week he'd been doing everything right and would play that week, only to have the rug pulled out from under him every time. The mod ends by saying that these were a few of many issues, off the top of his head.

NTG

Another example from a poster.

This poster says it's not his place to give details on what lead to Raulerson's departure, as it would bring things into the light that wouldn't help improve Texas' situation. Said his info comes from both the player side & the coaching side though (level 1 & 2). That to a man, the offensive coaches (save for Wick) will say Raulerson has gone above and beyond on everything asked of him..........from strength training, to weight gain, film room, learning different snap techniques, grades, off field conduct, etc. That he took on some difficult tasks, such as starting at center as an under-sized redshirt freshman when Dom got hurt, with a new OC and only a couple months to learn the system. Said that if you talk to the guys that play on the OL not a single one of them thought Doyle should have been starting. They say Raulerson more than holds his own against the 1st DTs/NTs, while Doyle struggles against the 2nd & 3rd team. 

NTG

Jake's dad also weighed in.

He gave this example. Said that Jake flinched in the first half of the bowl game last year and was yanked for a guy that Wick had nicknamed NCAA! Said he played 15 plays against Kansas and snapped the ball a bit high on a play that Swoopes scored on. And never saw the field again. Said Texas finished that game with the 2's and Doyle on the field. Said it had to be the shortest leash ever! 

I understand that Charlie is not to blame for this, but I hope he had a long personal discussion with Jake so he at least hears from him as to why he is transferring.   I understand he is graduating with a 3.5 or higher per one of my friends in Celina which is where he played football.

Okay, last one.

One of the mods over there responding to a poster asking why would he leave now said that he thought people close to Jake would say a big issue was a core value issue. But that it was not a value that Jake broke.

What of the core values would be an issue? I don't know. It's strange that he would leave days before Wick is handed his walking papers.

Another example from a poster.

This poster says it's not his place to give details on what lead to Raulerson's departure, as it would bring things into the light that wouldn't help improve Texas' situation. Said his info comes from both the player side & the coaching side though (level 1 & 2). That to a man, the offensive coaches (save for Wick) will say Raulerson has gone above and beyond on everything asked of him..........from strength training, to weight gain, film room, learning different snap techniques, grades, off field conduct, etc. That he took on some difficult tasks, such as starting at center as an under-sized redshirt freshman when Dom got hurt, with a new OC and only a couple months to learn the system. Said that if you talk to the guys that play on the OL not a single one of them thought Doyle should have been starting. They say Raulerson more than holds his own against the 1st DTs/NTs, while Doyle struggles against the 2nd & 3rd team. 

I have been saying it all year.  No way Doyle is better than Raulerson.  Wick is just a prick.

Just makes you wonder what other Lineman that might be good players are sitting over on the sideline because of Wick!

Or other lineman that we have missed out on because of him. I know we would've missed (and still possibly could) on Shackleford. If the coach I talked to from Belton is right, we should get him now that Wickline is gone. For someone who is regarded as a great o-line coach, it's disheartening to read and hear some of the things about him that I have. Very, very disheartening.

I have been saying it all year.  No way Doyle is better than Raulerson.  Wick is just a prick.

I have a lot of trouble believing Charlie Strong would rather suffer consecutive losing seasons and put his job in jeopardy than to allow the best players on the field. That just doesn't make sense.

If the coaches are purposely not playing good players and racking up losing season after losing season as a result, how can anyone support Charlie Strong in any way, shape or fashion?

The argument that Wickling purposely sabotaged the team's season because he had a personal issue with Jake Raulerson and Charlie Strong was willing to rack up a losing season rather than deal with a rogue assistant coach is a bit hard to believe.

I have a lot of trouble believing Charlie Strong would rather suffer consecutive losing seasons and put his job in jeopardy than to allow the best players on the field. That just doesn't make sense.

If the coaches are purposely not playing good players and racking up losing season after losing season as a result, how can anyone support Charlie Strong in any way, shape or fashion?

The argument that Wickling purposely sabotaged the team's season because he had a personal issue with Jake Raulerson and Charlie Strong was willing to rack up a losing season rather than deal with a rogue assistant coach is a bit hard to believe.

I would agree except who could argue that Jonathan Gray was our best running back? Both Foreman and Warren showed they were better. I think Gray is a great young man and a relentless worker but he was not better than the young guys.

I would agree except who could argue that Jonathan Gray was our best running back? Both Foreman and Warren showed they were better. I think Gray is a great young man and a relentless worker but he was not better than the young guys.

And Heard showed he had skills that were substantial and that various plays could be designed to take advantage of. yet Heard was marginalized until Norvell took over. But coaches making poor evaluations or making coaching mistakes doesn't equate to coaches purposely sandbagging the season because they want to be vindictive toward certain players.

I get that Raulerson's dad is disappointed and evidently wants to strike back at Charlie Strong, but accusing him of being willing to subjugate the interests of the program, the athletes and the university out of personal apathy and a disinterest in having a competent offense is sheer bullshit.

My personal opinion is Red McCombs was right and Charlie isn't ready to run a major D1 football program because he lacks an ability to understand offense and special teams. I'm not buying that Charlie Strong doesn't care about anything but defense and his recruits and is more than willing to lose his job if keeping it entails being bothered by caring about the offense or Mack's legacy players. I think Raulerson's dad is in the same category as Kevin Murray and Case McCoy's jackass father.

And Heard showed he had skills that were substantial and that various plays could be designed to take advantage of. yet Heard was marginalized until Norvell took over. But coaches making poor evaluations or making coaching mistakes doesn't equate to coaches purposely sandbagging the season because they want to be vindictive toward certain players.

I get that Raulerson's dad is disappointed and evidently wants to strike back at Charlie Strong, but accusing him of being willing to subjugate the interests of the program, the athletes and the university out of personal apathy and a disinterest in having a competent offense is sheer bullshit.

My personal opinion is Red McCombs was right and Charlie isn't ready to run a major D1 football program because he lacks an ability to understand offense and special teams. I'm not buying that Charlie Strong doesn't care about anything but defense and his recruits and is more than willing to lose his job if keeping it entails being bothered by caring about the offense or Mack's legacy players. I think Raulerson's dad is in the same category as Kevin Murray and Case McCoy's jackass father.

I won't speculate on Coach Wickline's decisions because I am not at practice and just a fan. I will say I have been frustrated by how some players have been used or not used on offense, defense, and special teams. You're example of Heard is another I thought of.

I'm not going to bash men I don't know, but I have been frustrated the last two years, as we all have been.

Good news is next year is a new year with new promise. Just a long way till August.

Thoughts on Jake being convinced to stay with new position coach...if the problem was more Wick and not so much Strong?

The helicopter dad bashing Coach Strong and encouraging players to transfer is a cancer no program wants. Jake needs to move on and let his dad bash some other program.

And just how many games has Gray started over Foreman and Warren?  Yea you are right.  That would never happen.

D'Onta Foreman - 95 for 681  -  avg 7.2
Jerrod Heard - 139 for 556  -  avg 4
Johnathan Gray - 123 for 489  -  avg 4
Chris Warren III - 71 for 470  -  avg 6.6
Tyrone Swoopes - 74 for 451  -  avg 6.1
Kirk Johnson - 8 for 44  -  avg 5.5
Daje Johnson - 6 for 28  -  avg 4.7
Trey Holtz - 2 for 10  -  avg 5
DeAndre McNeal - 1 for 9  -  avg 9

Even Holtz has a better avg than Gray did.  

Warren pretty much caught up to Gray in 2 games.  

Foreman is almost double per carry over Gray.  

But Gray starts when healthy.  

And just how many games has Gray started over Foreman and Warren?  Yea you are right.  That would never happen.

Raulerson's dad has been pissing allover every UT message board he can find to insinuate his son wasn't given more playing time was a personal issue and because Charlie Strong doesn't care about fielding a respectable offense that every offensive position player should leave the program and, by inferance, that no offensive position player should play for Charlie Strong.

Jay Raulerson is playing the part of a helicopter dad crying and whining that things didn't work out for his son. Coaches make mistakes. I absolutely reject Jay Raulerson's accusation that Charlie Strong would rather lose his job than pay proper attention to the offensive part of the game. Jay Raulerson is being a petulant piece of shit. He needs to shut his mouth, let his son move on and to refrain from any connection with or comments about UT athletics.

Raulerson's dad has been pissing allover every UT message board he can find to insinuate his son wasn't given more playing time was a personal issue and because Charlie Strong doesn't care about fielding a respectable offense that every offensive position player should leave the program and, by inferance, that no offensive position player should play for Charlie Strong.

Jay Raulerson is playing the part of a helicopter dad crying and whining that things didn't work out for his son. Coaches make mistakes. I absolutely reject Jay Raulerson's accusation that Charlie Strong would rather lose his job than pay proper attention to the offensive part of the game. Jay Raulerson is being a petulant piece of shit. He needs to shut his mouth, let his son move on and to refrain from any connection with or comments about UT athletics.

In that case I guess we should make Warren transfer then.  His dad sent a pretty nasty tweet as well.

Kids cant be held responsible for their parents.

In that case I guess we should make Warren transfer then.  His dad sent a pretty nasty tweet as well.

Kids cant be held responsible for their parents.

We went through the helicopter dad second guessing the head coach about playing time with Brad McCoy. The whole Jay Raulerson claim that Charlie Strong would rather lose his job than pay any attention to the team's offense is sheer bullshit. Those kind of parents are a cancer of their oen that the program doesn't need.

So, if Warren's dad wants to piss all over every message board he canfind to tell players the head coach doesn't give a shit about them and they should transfer immediately, then maybe Warren should also go.

For the record, no one associated with the program "made Raulerson transfer." Your claim that "we" should "make Warren transfer"is crap. No one is making anyone transfer.

Jake's comment on leaving the program was classy. On the other hand, the shit his dad is pulling is bullshit. If Jay Raulerson is going to be a petulant helicopter dad attcking the program because his son didn't get enough playing time, the program is better off with Jake not being any part of UT athletics.