Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Breaking News: Sterlin Gilbert Interviewed This Morning for OC Position

This would be priceless if the BMD's attempted to shove Cumbie down Strong's throat as I've heard and it back fired while Gilbert becomes the next OC at Texas.

Were some BMD's wanting Cumbie and forcing Strong to go that route? I haven't heard that but considering some of the BMD's still believe they run the program, its not the least bit surprising.

My only concern with Gilbert is my unfamiliarity with his ability to recruit. Can anyone pacify that concern?

Not real sure on his recruiting ability but he supposedly has some strong ties to Texas HS football since he coached for many years on that level. That should help a great deal.

My only concern with Gilbert is my unfamiliarity with his ability to recruit. Can anyone pacify that concern?

I don't think anyone will be able to pacify your concerns - but Gilbert was a Texas HS coach, was a GA at UH, and has recruited Texas at both BG and Tulsa.  Now he wasn't recruiting the same level of athlete, but he's very familiar with Texas recruiting.

Gilbert has solid Texas ties, but doesn't have the name recognition that someone like Cumbie would have. By all accounts he is a good offensive mind and would fit what Texas wants to achieve. He is the Co-OC at Tulsa, but it has been said he has called plays previously. 

That's what I have heard also.