Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

247 REPORTING

MBHORNSFAN

247 reporting that Perrin has all the BMD/ most influential donors on board to give Strong another year. Perrin seems to be the driver and main person on bringing Strong back. 247 says UT believes firing Strong after only two years

"makes Texas appear to be a dysfunctional mess of an institution that isn't willing to give coaches a fair shake"

FULL QUOTE:

The reason being, we're told, is if Strong was fired or asked to find a landing spot after this season it would make Texas appear to be a dysfunctional mess that isn't willing to give coaches a fair shake

No surprise the BMD's screwed up the Mack firing, and now were doing their damnedest to screw Texas over again.  Thankfully Perrin is a strong enough force, and a respected enough person, to keep those idiots with checkbooks in line.

Funny how you blame everyone except the man in charge of the 4-8 shit show. 

Funny how you blame everyone except the man in charge of the 4-8 shit show. 

Strong will own his record.  If he doesn't have a major turnaround next season - he's rightfully gone. 

But the idiots who think/want to run the university based on the size of their purses shouldn't get a pass for their F@#K-ups either.

I was asking about the ND game next year? 

That is certainly a tough prognostication to make.  ND will be good.  Our defense will mature and hopefully not lose Ridgeway while adding depth.  The offense is obviously going to be different, how different is up in the air....  For the silly nature of making a guess to come back and look at, I'll go with the Domers 28-17 they are way ahead of us in recruiting and development with their current staff.

247 reporting that Perrin has all the BMD/ most influential donors on board to give Strong another year. Perrin seems to be the driver and main person on bringing Strong back. 247 says UT believes firing Strong after only two years

"makes Texas appear to be a dysfunctional mess of an institution that isn't willing to give coaches a fair shake"

FULL QUOTE:

The reason being, we're told, is if Strong was fired or asked to find a landing spot after this season it would make Texas appear to be a dysfunctional mess that isn't willing to give coaches a fair shake

Bringing him back because they don't want it to look like Texas is a dysfunctional mess is the wrong reason to bring him back.

Bringing him back because they think he is the right man for the job is the right reason to bring him back. 

I don't think his comment had any thing to do with UT's record.  What I read was how the BMD's meddling and interference was a problem.  And I couldn't agree more.

On the other side, if BMD's had meddled sooner on Mack maybe our team wouldn't be so stripped of talent?

The popular argument for Charlie supporters, the lack of talent and its Mack's fault.

Vicious cycle:

1. Its Mack's fault.
  2. Its the players fault, no talent or just bad....rinse repeat to step 1

Charlie gets very little blame by some of his supporters but he was the one that opted to stay with Watson and other questionable staff decisions.

No surprise the BMD's screwed up the Mack firing, and now were doing their damnedest to screw Texas over again.  Thankfully Perrin is a strong enough force, and a respected enough person, to keep those idiots with checkbooks in line.

Wow, where do I even start? It appears your butthurtedness (which in itself is inexplicable) has propelled you into the land of the lost.

Exactly HOW did the BMDs screw up Mack's firing? LOL This should be good.

Exactly who do you think is responsible for Perrin being where he is now? LOL

Perrin, a strong enough force, LOL. . . Perrin takes direction very, very well. It's why he's there. After Patterson, what did you think you were going to get? LOL

There is absolutely no truth in your post, from the first word to the last.

FULL QUOTE:

LOL, that's rich. We're up to our eyeballs in dysfunction which is, I believe, why we're here in the first place.

Now, we're going to save face? LOL

If we go 4-8 again next year, "dysfunctional mess" will be a rather mild way of describing this program. It will be interesting to see how many Horns feel like they saved face then. 

I think if you'll go back and do your research, Charlie wanted the OC to be either Tom Herman or Chad Morris. Patterson would not pay Morris' buyout at Clemson, and Herman told Charlie he thought he'd get a head coaching job, which he did. Watson was Charlie's third choice by all accounts despite his development of Bridgewater. I think we'd all agree that sometimes even when we feel like we're making the safe choice, things don't work out regardless of how many figures are on your paycheck. I know I have made what I felt like were solid hires that turned out to be disasters. So you erase the board and try again, which is where Charlie is right now. Perrin is giving Charlie sort of a do-over to get this right because he felt like (and rightfully so, it seems), Patterson handcuffed him. Hell, Patterson stiffed him on the Wickline hire for what amounted to chump change to Okie State. How would things have been different if Morris or Herman were the OC from the start? Is Cumbie the answer at OC? We don't know, but what we do know is Charlie has one chance at this to get it right. I'm with Charlie Strong regardless of what happens against BU. \m/

I think if you'll go back and do your research, Charlie wanted the OC to be either Tom Herman or Chad Morris. Patterson would not pay Morris' buyout at Clemson, and Herman told Charlie he thought he'd get a head coaching job, which he did. Watson was Charlie's third choice by all accounts despite his development of Bridgewater. I think we'd all agree that sometimes even when we feel like we're making the safe choice, things don't work out regardless of how many figures are on your paycheck. I know I have made what I felt like were solid hires that turned out to be disasters. So you erase the board and try again, which is where Charlie is right now. Perrin is giving Charlie sort of a do-over to get this right because he felt like (and rightfully so, it seems), Patterson handcuffed him. Hell, Patterson stiffed him on the Wickline hire for what amounted to chump change to Okie State. How would things have been different if Morris or Herman were the OC from the start? Is Cumbie the answer at OC? We don't know, but what we do know is Charlie has one chance at this to get it right. I'm with Charlie Strong regardless of what happens against BU. \m/

Truth.  Good point Patterson didnt want to pay 5 million for Morris's buyout.  Who would?  

That still doesnt account for why Charlie kept Watson at OC throughout an entire f##king offseason after getting embarassed:

TCU: 48-10

Ark:   31-7

Thats 79-17 in the last 2 games of 2014

Now again why did Charlie stick by his buddy Watson through an entire off season?  

247 is basically reporting what those of us without any inside info have been saying for weeks now.

Can you tell us about the part where 247 blamed the BMDs for everything wrong with the Texas program?

Regardless of the origin of that pile of feces, I'd like you to address it since you posted it.