Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
Aaron Carrara

Sonny Cumbie and Texas

Muschamp is suppose to be the favorite.

Oklahoma football: Lincoln Riley expected to talk with South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner

Yea...Apparently Muschamp has already reached out to their Former HB Lattimore and asked him to be on the Staff

What I've heard this evening . . . Cumbie has been contacted and talks have been held by "feelers" but nothing is eminent as of yet.

Looks like we're going to get Clint Hurtt as I was told UT is going to pursue it because Charlie really wants him. There will be zero tolerance for the funny stuff.

What I've heard this evening . . . Cumbie has been contacted and talks have been held by "feelers" but nothing is eminent as of yet.

Looks like we're going to get Clint Hurtt as I was told UT is going to pursue it because Charlie really wants him. There will be zero tolerance for the funny stuff.

If they are going to let Charlie have Hurtt on staff, things are about to get real on the Crootin' trail. Hope this all happens in the next week.

I read the same about Watson as well. Apparently Watson is a hell of recruiter, and that carries value

Cumbie might be better. When all is said and done, we will have some hoss recruiters on staff. End of recruiting season could be exciting.

I don't see this going down as fast as we all hope. Sounds like Cumbie is going to slow play things a bit per chip.

He's not just going to hop on a deal just because we throw a bunch of money at him. The next job he takes is vital for his career. A lot more risk to taking the Texas job right now than TCU(if meacham leaves) or OU(if Reily leaves).

I don't see this going down as fast as we all hope. Sounds like Cumbie is going to slow play things a bit per chip.

He's not just going to hop on a deal just because we throw a bunch of money at him. The next job he takes is vital for his career. A lot more risk to taking the Texas job right now than TCU(if meacham leaves) or OU(if Reily leaves).

I don't think Texas waits. They'll throw a million plus at him and move on if he's not ready to take it. Texas can't afford to wait.