Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Ads on this board

Sirhornsalot

HS staff, we need to permanently ditch the pop-up ad that diverts us from this site and does not return us to this site.

When I click on a thread, in seconds my HS experience is disrupted by a pop-up that takes me to a full blank page with a small ad in the center. I am then taken to "about blank" and left there.

I'm not sure I would accept advertising money from an entity that diverts traffic AWAY from the site. And frankly, I'm sick of spending so much time in a fight with this ad. (each time I try to return, I get sent to internet dungeon again). I'm spending as much time fighting this site as I am reading this site. What can be done?

No, I wasn't going to spend $50 on the software. I tried three different sources for the same plug-in. I use Safari, always have.

I use Firefox.  No issues.  I use Explorer/Safari/Google Chrome, I have problems. 

Solution?  Use Firefox.  They have a browser for Apple products. 

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-download-and-install-firefox-mac

I use Firefox.  No issues.  I use Explorer/Safari/Google Chrome, I have problems. 

Solution?  Use Firefox.  They have a browser for Apple products. 

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-download-and-install-firefox-mac

Can't support Mozilla in any way. I used FF until Mozilla made an arse of themselves.

I'll just deal with it

Mark

I have Safari on my iPhone of course. I've never had a problem with any pop up. Are you running the mobile version or desktop.

I've never surfed HS on my iPhone safari. I've used TapaTalk for that. This is on my laptop, which is what I use 90 percent of the time.

I don't mind advertising at all. I advertise myself. It's just kinda offensive to be taken where I don't want to go. Last night, there were times when I doubted having the ability to get a post in here. I had to be quick before it switched me lol

I have it and it cost me nothing. Don't know where you are going but there is a download that is free, I guess you can upgrade, but there's no reason to do that.

That's rather deceptive as I downloaded three different "free" versions that detected ad stuff, then when you click to resolve the issues, you're taken to an option to buy the "complete" version which will resolve the issues. FYI