Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
primal defense

Report: Charlie Strong not interested in Miami job

Good, I hope this ends the reports that he wants to go to Miami.

Report: Charlie Strong not interested in Miami job

charlie-strong-texas-hook-em.jpg

Charlie Strong’s name has been mentioned in connection with the Miami Hurricanes’ coaching job, but a new report says he is not interested in leaving Austin for South Florida.

A Miami Herald item about the Hurricanes job mentioned that Butch Davis is very much a contender for the gig. Also in the article they mentioned that Strong, Tommy Tuberville, Greg Schiano and Rob Chudzinski are being looked at or have interest.

Strong even seemed to have a Freudian slip when he mentioned “Miami†in a press conference two weeks ago.

Despite all the rumors and talk about Strong and the Miami job, the Dallas Morning News’ Chuck Carlton says a source tells him the coach is not interested in leaving Texas. The source reportedly told Carlton that Strong is “very happy†at Texas.

After getting off to a rough 1-4 start, Strong’s Longhorns have won three of four including an upset of Oklahoma to improve to 4-5. They have games against West Virginia, Texas Tech and Baylor remaining. Strong went 6-7 in his first season as Texas head coach and could be looking at a second straight losing season.

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/charlie-strong-not-interested-miami-job/281368

I like Strong and I really want him to succeed but he can't have anymore loses like Iowa St.

No Head Football Coach at the University of Texas can afford to take losses like the Iowa State loss.

Its comparable to 66-3 against UCLA in 1997....that cost Mackovic his job.

There has been enough negativity about that loss...here's hoping Coach Strong can succeed from

this point forward and restore the winning tradition of Texas Football. I'm pulling for him.