Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mizzou Player Strike Raises Fascinating Questions

J.B. TexasEx

I'd have taken the 30 scholarships away the first practice/game they missed. What a joke Misery is now. Tail wagging the dog.

This is the thing. If you let them get by with that, there will be no end to it.

I would hold practices, and yank the scholarships of those that do not appear and practice.

I would have the game, and yank the scholarships of any that would not play....and play like they should.

If you have to end up calling players out of the stands, you should not let them get by with striking.

As someone once said: Life is hard, and it’s harder if you’re stupid. College is intended to be a place for education, but all the evidence coming out of the University of Missouri suggests that something close to the opposite of education is going on there, a willful cultivation of the worst juvenile instincts. Even at $7,000 a year, that’s a bad deal for students, parents, and taxpayers alike.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/426798/university-missouri-racism-crisis

I would add to my prior post that the first two people that should be fired by the new administration are the football coach and the athletic director. My thought is that the adults in all of this failed to stand up and be counted. Strong leadership by the coach, the AD, the president and the chancellor were badly needed, and they all failed.

I am against racism and for accountability, but the adults in the room let this thing get out of hand. At Mizzou, the inmates are now running the asylum.

Not to beat a dead horse, (and worse, show support for Clay Travis,) but it is starting to seem like this whole thing was a grand hoax.  This is a pretty scathing article. 

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/is-the-entire-mizzou-protest-based-on-lies-111115

Wow, that's just insane. The whole thing is a sham, even the media bought it. Incredible.

Pinkel is out

He said "health reasons"

Which made me LOL at first, but maybe this incident stressed him out so much he really did have health issues?

That and his team sucks anyway

"health reasons"

Reminds me of the coach who retired one time due to "illness and fatigue". What he was really saying was that the fans were sick and tired of him. 

Pinkel, 63, said he was diagnosed with lymphoma in May. He dismissed the idea that the week's events led to his decision.

"I made a decision in May, after visiting with my family, that I wanted to keep coaching as long as I felt good and had the energy I needed," Pinkel said in a statement. "I felt great going into the season but also knew that I would need to re-assess things at some point, and I set our bye week as the time when I would take stock of the future." 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/13/missouri-football-coach-gary-pinkel-announces-resignation-days-after-player/