Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry Charlie

streettopeschel

Whatever momentum we had is dead. We just got prison raped by Iowa f****** State. You're a good guy but 3-5 following 6-7 can't happen.

Charlie's not the guy. And anybody who says 'it's a process ' or 'it's Macks fault ' can kiss my ass.

Good/great coaches have immediate impact. This coach is going backward.

Makes me ill but Charlie must go.

Whatever momentum we had is dead. We just got prison raped by Iowa f****** State. You're a good guy but 3-5 following 6-7 can't happen.

Charlie's not the guy. And anybody who says 'it's a process ' or 'it's Macks fault ' can kiss my ass.

Good/great coaches have immediate impact. This coach is going backward.

Makes me ill but Charlie must go.

Hello Mclewain, Harbaugh. Starting to think even Brown could have coached this team up for a few more wins at this point. What premiere OC would want this job at this point? Greg Davis is looking kick ass at this point in time.

I want to work for you SHA.....got any openings?

Best employee I have had some problems early on. You must see the bigger picture. That picture doesn't always show you the same thing. But in his case, and Charlie's case, there is a future there. In my case, it worked and I'm glad for what I didn't do.

Darryl K Royal finished 4th in the Southwest Conference in year 2.

You must be able to see down the road as well as right in front of you.

I don't fire him. That's my opinion.

Royal's FIRST year was 6--3-1 following 1-9, 5-5, 4-5-1.

Strong is 6-7, 3-5 following 8-5, 9-4.

Sure this is the road you want to go down?

Royal's FIRST year was 6--3-1 following 1-9, 5-5, 4-5-1.

Strong is 6-7, 3-5 following 8-5, 9-4.

Sure this is the road you want to go down?

So you knowingly point out that DKR regressed in year 2 and this is the same reason you want to fire Charlie?

Sure, STP, I'll go down that road but you better look at what you're tripping over.

Best employee I have had some problems early on. You must see the bigger picture. That picture doesn't always show you the same thing. But in his case, and Charlie's case, there is a future there. In my case, it worked and I'm glad for what I didn't do.

I really admire your patience. Patience unfortunately is not one of my stronger suits. I grew up watching DKR kick ass and "We were Texas". it is hard for me to take that we are the 5th or 6th best team in the state now. I can't understand why you can't win at The University of Texas anymore. I wish someone could explain that to me. I see Baylor do it TCU do it, A&M do it, Houston do it quickly with a new coach. Why can't Texas do it?

So you knowingly point out that DKR regressed in year 2 and this is the same reason you want to fire Charlie?

Sure, STP, I'll go down that road but you better look at what you're tripping over.

He means those were the records prior to DKR taking over. 

I believe Royal was 6-4-1 in his first season followed by 7-3 in year 2. But more importantly, during those 2 years of 1957 and 1958, he recruited the players that made up the 1961 team...which many consider the best team ever to play for the University of Texas. And top notch recruiting classes became the norm for Royal. 

Huh? He didn't regress. He went from 6-4-1 to 7-3 to 9-2 following his predecessor's 1-9 season.

These numbers aren't opinion, they're fact.

Look it up.

Ok, STP, perhaps Charlie should just schedule a pre-conference of little sisters of the poor so you'll feel better about all of this? Geez.

The three losses came to SWC foes. This is fact. Texas was 3-3 against competition that mattered. 

Rice beat him 34-7.

TCU beat him 22-8.

SMU beat him 26-10.

This is before SMU started cheating. This is before scholarship limits and when Texas was THE school in Texas. This is before offenses ran 62 passing plays per game.

So yea, he regressed since he went 4-1-1 (and ranked #11 nationally) the previous year, his first then slid to 4th in the conference and was unranked. I'm not sure what DKR's third year would have to do with anything since we can only compare two years.

Please don't think I don't look this stuff up.

Ok, STP, perhaps Charlie should just schedule a pre-conference of little sisters of the poor so you'll feel better about all of this? Geez.

The three losses came to SWC foes. This is fact. Texas was 3-3 against competition that mattered.

Rice beat him 34-7.

TCU beat him 22-8.

SMU beat him 26-10.

This is before SMU started cheating. This is before scholarship limits and when Texas was THE school in Texas. This is before offenses ran 62 passing plays per game.

So yea, he regressed since he went 4-1-1 (and ranked #11 nationally) the previous year, his first then slid to 4th in the conference and was unranked.

Please don't think I don't look this stuff up.

spin away. If you want to say DKR took over a 1-9 team and regressed to 6-4-1 and 7-3 fine. And if you can spin Charlie taking a winning team into a losing team let me know.

You're trying too hard. We all like Charlie. He's failing. It's just math.

spin away. If you want to say DKR took over a 1-9 team and regressed to 6-4-1 and 7-3 fine. And if you can spin Charlie taking a winning team into a losing team let me know.

You know he misunderstood your comment. Don't be a prick just for the sake of it.

Well STP, let me help you with your addition and subtraction then.

First year - ranked 11th in nation.

2nd year - unranked

11 is a higher number than 0.

Apparently, you think a lot more of that second year than any of the voting members of the coaching poll, AP members and UPI members.

Remind me who's spinning here? lol

Nobody was talking to you and needing your input. I'll let you know. Thanks.

I'll let you cool off and come to the realization of how foolish you look attacking somebody on the internet on your own. I respect you enough not to throw names at you. Hopefully you'll feel the same when you've come down from this game a bit.

This is a good community. It doesn't need members tearing each other apart over differing opinions. Enjoy your night STP.

STP, this is probably a bad time for all of us to be discussing this stuff. I respect your opinion and understand how you feel. I think you're in a majority here. I just feel differently. That's all. I don't begrudge you for your opinion and sort of expected this type of reaction. Let's pick this up later if you feel it's worthwhile.

I just posted the new landscape thread for November. That will take your mind off things if only for a few minutes. lol

Sure wish we could go back to the days when a 6-4-1 record would get you ranked as no.11 in the nation. But speaking of Rice, Baylor and SMU in the 50's...........they were a LONG way from being a gimme when you played them. I'm pretty sure most of you are too young to remember Frank Ryan, King Hill and Kosse Johnson. But I remember them well.