Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Its time to fire Strong

texasfanbrock

Of course you wouldn't. But what about the flip side. If he finishes 4-8 and gets blown out in 2-3 more games, would you want to retain him? Or, even worse, we lose to Kansas this week. How do you feel then?

If we lose to Kansas im done with the entire coaching staff including Strong.  There are no excuses for losing to a 0-8 team.  I dont think it will happen but then again I didnt think we would lose to Iowa State either, er I mean shut out.

No major College program is going to give a Coach a full 5 years unless they show they are improving each year.  The Coach has to show that the team is heading in an upward trend which this one is not. Miami is already upset and feels they wasted 5 years on Golden when many said they should have made the move 2 or 3 years ago.  I say Charlie gets one more year to show that he is the Coach that can get Texas back to contention for Big 12 championships and the 4 team playoffs.  

Just an FYI to the board. I'm going to be visiting sparsely between now and Wednesday afternoon. Some crazy drunk illegal drove into our neighborhood's electric transformer box and a Verizon box this morning about 3 a.m. My power was out until 8 a.m. but when it came back on, the Verizon service did not. Apparently, my control box is fried. They tell me the earliest they can get to me is Wednesday. Ugghh. Using my cell phone as a hotspot right now.

I don't know that he left primarily because of me. He's a lot more grown up than that. But if he did, he strongly overreacted to what I said. If someone is going to leave a forum because someone suggests they calm down, then they're not emotionally fit for the Internet.

But again, I don't think he left because of me. At least not primarily. I think he was tired of being viewed as a downer each week. Those perceptions were unfair, I'll give him that.

Edit: And in case that wasn't clear enough, I really hope STP sticks around. I simply think emotions were running high after the loss and people were taking things more personally than intended.

When you said "Don't be a prick just for the sake of it" . . . it headed south.

That said, I think he was more ticked about the outcome of the game than he was at you or me. He'll be back and when he does, I'll throw roses petals at his feet. lol

When you said "Don't be a prick just for the sake of it" . . . it headed south.

That said, I think he was more ticked about the outcome of the game than he was at you or me. He'll be back and when he does, I'll throw roses petals at his feet. lol

Yep. That's pretty much what did it.

And Blake, I'm still shaking my head about why you thought Street and SirHorn weren't on the same page. It seemed to me they were understanding each other perfectly...and Blake..you were the one not understanding.

You had no business trying to referee that tift.  SirHorn is WELL able to take care of himself. He's been through stuff a LOT worse than that little spat.

Just an FYI to the board. I'm going to be visiting sparsely between now and Wednesday afternoon. Some crazy drunk illegal drove into our neighborhood's electric transformer box and a Verizon box this morning about 3 a.m. My power was out until 8 a.m. but when it came back on, the Verizon service did not. Apparently, my control box is fried. They tell me the earliest they can get to me is Wednesday. Ugghh. Using my cell phone as a hotspot right now.

Had the same thing happen last year where someone crashed into a the one spot that killed our whole community's gas heat in the dead of winter. Took 2 days for it to get fixed!!!!

Yep. That's pretty much what did it.

And Blake, I'm still shaking my head about why you thought Street and SirHorn weren't on the same page. It seemed to me they were understanding each other perfectly...and Blake..you were the one not understanding.

You had no business trying to referee that tift. SirHorn is WELL able to take care of himself. He's been through stuff a LOT worse than that little spat.

Shake your head all you like Pringle. I wasn't refereeing anything. Simply making a suggestion. I've been told and called far worse by posters but I never left because of it. This is a message board. It's the Internet. You give/take and move on. All I was suggesting was to avoid allowing the discussion to become personal. Because I like both STP and SHA as posters and members of the board. I issued no threats. I had no intention of doing anything beyond letting STP know that he was getting a little touchy with his responses. If you'd like to pretend the conversation wasn't a little contentious, than you have that right. Just as I had my right to respond. You claiming that I had no right to post my opinion is the only overstepping I've seen in regards to the spat. Like I said, if Street couldn't handle someone suggesting he not "be a prick for the sake of it" (key here, I'm suggesting he not be one/not claiming he is one) then it's probably best he doesn't hang out on the internet where far worse things are said by the second.

It's funny to me that I'm being painted as the villain here because I dared speak against a popular poster. If folks would like me to leave, and if that is what STP wants for his return, just let me know. Just know that even STP has said worse to posters on this board and they moved on. I'll say this again, I don't think STP left because of my remark. He's more emotionally stable and mature than that. The emotions are really running high this week.

It's funny to me that I'm being painted as the villain here because I dared speak against a popular poster. If folks would like me to leave, and if that is what STP wants for his return, just let me know. Just know that even STP has said worse to posters on this board and they moved on. I'll say this again, I don't think STP left because of my remark. He's more emotionally stable and mature than that. The emotions are really running high this week. 

A key tenet of Charlie F'n Strong's program (supposedly) is "No Bitchassedness"

STP is a big boy. He'll get over it and return to HS in due time or he won't. Tensions are indeed running hot this week after that shit-show in Ames. We're all a bit touchy.

I hope Street returns but Don't either BevoBlake or Sirhornsalot even consider leaving.  We are all over reacting to a sorry loss this weekend.  I can't express how much I enjoy each of your posts and info.  Info. that I do not have access to any where else.  I'd hate to have to send some kind of posses after yall.

Shake your head all you like Pringle. I wasn't refereeing anything. Simply making a suggestion. I've been told and called far worse by posters but I never left because of it. This is a message board. It's the Internet. You give/take and move on. All I was suggesting was to avoid allowing the discussion to become personal. Because I like both STP and SHA as posters and members of the board. I issued no threats. I had no intention of doing anything beyond letting STP know that he was getting a little touchy with his responses. If you'd like to pretend the conversation wasn't a little contentious, than you have that right. Just as I had my right to respond. You claiming that I had no right to post my opinion is the only overstepping I've seen in regards to the spat. Like I said, if Street couldn't handle someone suggesting he not "be a prick for the sake of it" (key here, I'm suggesting he not be one/not claiming he is one) then it's probably best he doesn't hang out on the internet where far worse things are said by the second.

For what its worth, I don't think you're a villain. I think you're sexy as hell.

I hope Street returns but Don't either BevoBlake or Sirhornsalot even consider leaving.  We are all over reacting to a sorry loss this weekend.  I can't express how much I enjoy each of your posts and info.  Info. that I do not have access to any where else.  I'd hate to have to send some kind of posses after yall.

It really wasn't that big a deal. STP and I were having a conversation much like we have a hundred times before. We've butted heads way more than this before. But again, I tend to agree with him more than not most times.

Life sucks for everybody who is a Longhorn right now. I, for one, am sick of the shit-eating grins I keep getting from my TCU and Tech friends.

STP will be back soon enough.

STP wasn't having a discussion with you. He was talking to SHL. There was nothing personal about the debate at all until you intervened.  If it was your intent to help...you failed. Not one reason in the world that you should have addressed a comment to STP. Instead of trying to defned youself...you need to acknowledge you didn't handle it the right way and move on.

I would hate to see the Ty Willingham / Charlie Wies affect happen at UT...Ty was dismissed way too soon as he was building recruiting classes. Charlie Weis comes in and has success with Ty's recruits and we all knew what happened once Ty's recruits graduated.....

Agree with this^^^. Saw on another thread that we have a commitment coming this Friday. Would hate to see all of the recruits we have sold on Strong and Texas fade away if we make a sudden change. Not happy with how things are going right now, but it seems that if Strong gets his guys.....and an upgraded staff Texas will be successful. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Also, talking about coaching others recruits we can throw Stumbkin in to this with his OL success with Sherman's recruits.

PS: anyone know where Willingham is now?

Agree with this^^^. Saw on another thread that we have a commitment coming this Friday. Would hate to see all of the recruits we have sold on Strong and Texas fade away if we make a sudden change. Not happy with how things are going right now, but it seems that if Strong gets his guys.....and an upgraded staff Texas will be successful. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Also, talking about coaching others recruits we can throw Stumbkin in to this with his OL success with Sherman's recruits.

Not to mention. What message are you giving to recruits? If the coach you agree to play for doesn't have it all figured out in two years, he's out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrone_Willingham

"currently a volunteer assistant coach for the Stanford Women's Golf team"