Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Its time to fire Strong

texasfanbrock

HE likely gets every bit of four years even if he wins 6-7 games next year and a bowl game.  As long as they are competitive in every game and show growth throughout the season.  Anything less than 6 and it's thanks for your time and goodbye.  The noise is nothing more than noise...

Any fool that thinks Texas, USC, Georgia or any other blue blood program can money whip  a coach that is in a good situation and not looking for a reason to leave is a complete buffoon...  It's not happening...  the proof is out there.

I think all he has to do to get a 4th year is beat this year's record, even if it is only by one game. The powers that be will see any improvement over this year's record as progress and use that to justify bringing him back for a 4th year. And they will have "excuses" to justify their position. 

That's how far our standards have fallen. 

HE likely gets every bit of four years even if he wins 6-7 games next year and a bowl game.  As long as they are competitive in every game and show growth throughout the season.  Anything less than 6 and it's thanks for your time and goodbye.  The noise is nothing more than noise...

Any fool that thinks Texas, USC, Georgia or any other blue blood program can money whip  a coach that is in a good situation and not looking for a reason to leave is a complete buffoon...  It's not happening...  the proof is out there.

Amazing how low the bar is set now. 

No way he survives 6 & 6 next year. 

I think all he has to do to get a 4th year is beat this year's record, even if it is only by one game. The powers that be will see any improvement over this year's record as progress and use that to justify bringing him back for a 4th year. And they will have "excuses" to justify their position. 

That's how far our standards have fallen. 

If they can't beat this years record next year, I'll find a new hobby.

That is a little harsh and not completely true.  By some accounts we had Saban with a 10 year 100 million deal.  Who knows the true story, but apparently Patterson refused to do it.  Im pretty sure 10 million a year would get anyone you wanted.  Not saying a coach should make 10 million a year, just saying we paid 1.25 million per win this year.  Real value there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/26/sports/ncaafootball/the-pursuit-of-nick-saban-alabama-vs-texas.html?_r=0

*I have hit a new low linking to the NY Times.

Saban to Texas is and was a fraud that got Saban a raise.  The best agent in the business.  The folks that attach themselves strictly to BMD's for information are the ones that ran with this.  We will never know if it was 10/10 other than word of mouth, but we aren't that desperate either!  Why set that precedent?  

I never bought into the Saban talk and never will.  USC just hired the interim, folks are saying they went after Kelly and MD.  UGA is a destination job and they are going to name a DC as their new HC.  

Texas will not money whip guys like some love to let on.

Who is going to come in and make it work, day one?  Tell us....  and be realistic in your expectations of a hire.

Texas isn't getting a guy like Gary Patterson, Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh, John Harbaugh, Chip Kelly, etc...

Herman, sure....What if that fails?  

Bama went through 10 years of DuBose, Franchione and Shula before the Saban hire was made.  Saban wanted out of the NFL, just like Harbaugh wanted out when Michigan came calling, not to mention...he's a Michigan man!

So, lets fire the guy and roll the dice on somebody like Herman because he won 11 games with a team poised to do so in the AAC?

Sometimes rolling the dice works. Sometimes it doesn't.

I'm thinking there's probably a lot successful head coaches that were a "roll of the dice". 

One of the best examples happened at Texas in the late 50's. A lot of people wanted to go after the big name coach (Bobby Dodds). Instead we got someone a lot of people had never heard of named Darrell. 

Hell, I don't how good Herman would be here at Texas. But from what I've seen and read about him, I think he totally gets it, he knows what he wants, and he knows how to go about getting it. And I'm not convinced that our present head coach does. But that's just my opinion. Which means it could be right but it also could be wrong. 

Sometimes rolling the dice works. Sometimes it doesn't.

I'm thinking there's probably a lot successful head coaches that were a "roll of the dice".

One of the best examples happened at Texas in the late 50's. A lot of people wanted to go after the big name coach (Bobby Dodds). Instead we got someone a lot of people had never heard of named Darrell.

Hell, I don't how good Herman would be here at Texas. But from what I've seen and read about him, I think he totally gets it, he knows what he wants, and he knows how to go about getting it. And I'm not convinced that our present head coach does. But that's just my opinion. Which means it could be right but it also could be wrong.

I like Herman as well and have known him for years, but I'd like to see him accomplish some goals as a head coach before getting a big job...I would absolutely hate to see him fail.

So, lets fire the guy and roll the dice on somebody like Herman because he won 11 games with a team poised to do so in the AAC?

On the other side lets keep the guy that went 4-8 and got blown out by Iowa State?  How many blow outs have we had in the last 2 years.  

Are you seriously going to belittle Herman's record because his conference is weak?  

That makes sense.  

Belittle the coach that won a NC as OC with Ohio State, and is 11-1 in his first year with a 3rd string QB because of conference strength.  

Ok fine lets go down that road...

Strong is the guy because hes proven he can win at Louisville with Teddy Bridgewater?  Other than out coaching Stoops, Strong hasnt proven shit at Texas.  He has however proven he can get blown out on a regular basis and by teams we shouldn't lose to.

On the other side lets keep the guy that went 4-8 and got blown out by Iowa State?  How many blow outs have we had in the last 2 years.  

Are you seriously going to belittle Herman's record because his conference is weak?  

That makes sense.  

Belittle the coach that won a NC as OC with Ohio State, and is 11-1 in his first year and 3rd string QB because of conference strength.  Ok fine lets go down that road...

Strong is the guy because hes proven he can win at Louisville?  Other than out coaching Stoops, Strong hasnt proven shit at Texas.  He has however proven he can get blown out on a regular basis and by teams we shouldn't lose to.

I haven't belittled a sole.  You want to discredit Strong for National Titles as a DC and his Louisville record, but jump on the Herman wagon for his accomplishments?

There is not a guaranteed home run hire out there that Texas can pull...  I'm all for this playing out, not calling Strong the savior.

That makes sense.  

Belittle the coach that won a NC as OC with Ohio State, and is 11-1 in his first year and 3rd string QB because of conference strength.  Ok fine lets go down that road...

Strong is the guy because hes proven he can win at Louisville with Teddy Bridgewater?  Other than out coaching Stoops, Strong hasnt proven shit at Texas.  He has however proven he can get blown out on a regular basis and by teams we shouldn't lose to.

Yea, I'm not sure that bringing in Herman right now is rolling the dice anymore than keeping a coach that goes 4-8 and is 10-15 over two years is. Maybe it is. Maybe it's not.