Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
texasfanbrock

Its time to fire Strong

Well, just saw the Dallas Morning news article where Perrin says the two have met and had a long discussion and Perrin states that Coach Strong is going to be the Coach of the Longhorns next year you can go to the Bank on it.  So with that said I will assume that Charlie will be back for a third year no matter and the only speculation will be if there are any changes to his Coaching staff and the style of game the team will play both on offense and defense.  

I'm thinking you're feeling better now? lol

No doubt Strong will most likely be back next year. We probably go 8-4 and that is viewed as improvement after going 4-8 then follow that up with 9-3 which buys another yr of middle of the pack football. I am amazed how Texas fans have lowered their expectations for the football program and don't expect a university of our statue to not expect excellence. 

There are plenty of good Coaches who will always be willing to step in no matter how the last Coach was treated at any of the top tier Colleges such as Texas, Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, Florida, LSU...if we fired Coach Strong today trust me there is another great Coach out there who says I want that job because I can make them champions again. Hell there is a guy in the NFL up in Philly who probably will be available and if he does come available I think if your Texas you better go get him no matter how Charlie finishes the season.

No thanks. Kelly can stfo of Austin.

I'm a Charlie Strong fan, but just curious: Why are y'all not interested in Chip Kelly? His strengths in X's & O's/football and offensive philosophies seem to fill some of the things UT is missing right now. Again, this is just hypothetical, but I thought it was odd how strongly against Chip Kelly people seem

I'm a Charlie Strong fan, but just curious: Why are y'all not interested in Chip Kelly? His strengths in X's & O's/football and offensive philosophies seem to fill some of the things UT is missing right now. Again, this is just hypothetical, but I thought it was odd how strongly against Chip Kelly people seem

He just doesn't seem like a good fit for UT based on his interviews as HC for the Eagles. I mean, look at him. He's an oompa loompa.

At least CFS looks like a badass!

chip-kelly.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. I think he would kill it here. He recruited a lot of Texas players while at Oregon, now he'd have his pick of the litter. This is probably a moot point however. I think Charlie will still here and chip will fill another position before we'd get a crack at him

I think Chip would be a huge hire for Texas but as someone else said he will be hired by another program before we are ready to make that decision.  I do think he will not be Coaching in Philly next year and that he like Saban, Holtz, and Spurrier will find they are better suited for College and not the NFL.  They just don't have the control of the players, the team, hell even the coaches and schedules that they do in College.  

From TexLarry   "Strong will leave after the season ends. Excellent source."

The phrase "Im pissed. I'm stunned. It's Mack Brown" was TexLarry. He's been right about a ton of stuff, but nothing so significant since Mack Brown.

From TexLarry   "Strong will leave after the season ends. Excellent source."

The phrase "Im pissed. I'm stunned. It's Mack Brown" was TexLarry. He's been right about a ton of stuff, but nothing so significant since Mack Brown.

Mack is the only thing I can remember folks giving him some credit for.  Man, a lot has changed since then.

So much smoke, its hard to believe there isn't any truth to some of it.

Strictly a personal opinion - but I expect all of this 'smoke' is coming from BMDs who are under the impression they can and will push Strong out.

My hope is that Perrin/Fenves tell them to 'F@#K off'.

When we say Big Money Donors  I am guessing  that is $10 million or more and since there are not many of those type of Donors I am gussing you don't just well tell them thanks but no thanks ( I cleaned it up a bit).  I know we have several donors that give a million or $500K   but it is the ones that you go to for that BIG Check when it is needed that will decide all of this. They will be the ones asked to foot the bill for the buyout and the next hire! 

If we get blown out by Tech then the group of BMD that are creating smoke will build things up to an all out fire storm. Strong wasn't the first, second or third choice for a lot of the BMD but they've played nice for the most part for the sake of the university. I think all that changes if we aren't competitive against Tech. Thanksgiving to Dec 5 will be plenty of time for the BMD to unite and push Charlie out the door.

From a poster on IT. I agree 100%

nNyxSnEh.jpg

If I recall correctly, there were not that many BMDs upset about Mack Brown's hiring. Several of them were introduced prior to public announcement. And as you might suspect, Mack had them at "hello."

For the rest of us, MB was a total surprise. Goes to show how much goes on behind the scenes.

For the record, I don't think losing Foreman, Gray and Vahe kills our run attack. I am quite anxious to see Kirk Johnson get his chance. He's got speed we haven't seen out of the TB position in some time. Great hands, too.

I think we have a better than average rushing total against Tech.

A poster on the shag is saying the ob insiders jffcruise and lamar littrell agree with him. I don't know anything about those guys but I'm guessing they're credible?

I know who jffcruise is. If he's saying it, I'm as inclined to believe him as I would be TexLarry.

I don't know anything about lamar littrell other than he seems to be connected.