Find results in...

Its time to fire Strong

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So..... Let me get this straight. After every win, everything is fine, he's just needs time, this team will be great, and he's the perfect coach for us. After every loss... He doesn't know what he's

You know, before folks run Strong and his staff out of town, seems like most of the players who have "flashed" this season are guys brought in by Strong and his staff.  That should tell you how bad th

We should let this thread die. Look forward. Create a new one next year if it seems necessary.

Not too much to ask for at least a competitive game tonight. This is embarrassing vs a "doormat" team. We are becoming a

doormat If we can't even score vs the 120th ranked defense in the country. I think I will meet Mangino at Denny's, and then turn in for the night....or at least two years and wake up from this nightmare.

So..... Let me get this straight.

After every win, everything is fine, he's just needs time, this team will be great, and he's the perfect coach for us.

After every loss... He doesn't know what he's doing, he's in over his head, and it's time to fire him?

Geez everyone calm the f down. Nobody wins every game! This team is still going through growing pains, we probably don't even have a permanent offense in place, and he's only just started to build this program. Yes, we lost, but I think he deserves another year, possibly two. If we're under .500 next year at this time, then maybe I would listen to this.

So..... Let me get this straight.

After every win, everything is fine, he's just needs time, this team will be great, and he's the perfect coach for us.

After every loss... He doesn't know what he's doing, he's in over his head, and it's time to fire him?

Geez everyone calm the f down. Nobody wins every game! This team is still going through growing pains, we probably don't even have a permanent offense in place, and he's only just started to build this program. Yes, we lost, but I think he deserves another year, possibly two. If we're under .500 next year at this time, then maybe I would listen to this.

You're right. Nobody wins every game. But good lord, Northern Iowa at least scored a touchdown against Iowa State and mighty Kansas scored 13 points against them. Mighty Kansas! 

You shouldn't be calm when you are the University of Texas and you get blown out and shut out by Iowa State and it's never a competitive game. You should madder than hell about it! WTF!

You're right. Nobody wins every game. But good lord, Northern Iowa at least scored a touchdown against Iowa State and mighty Kansas scored 13 points against them. Mighty Kansas! 

You shouldn't be calm when you are the University of Texas and you get blown out and shut out by Iowa State and it's never a competitive game. You should madder than hell about it! WTF!

Disheartening to say the least. I don't think there is an excuse here. Changes have to be made at the end of this season. I don't think a HC change needs to be made yet. But some Coordinators and position coaches needs to be replaced.

I am mad as hell. The last time I was mad as hell following a loss, we physically beat the crap out of OU. I'm willing to live with the growing pains for now. As far as this game, our defense showed signs of what we all think this defense is capable of. I'm very much more worried about our offense. We have talent, but we come out looking helpless sometimes. I think Coach Strong is the right coach for us, but we need to get creative on offense and learn to use all of our talent in open spaces.

And I love Heard... He's rejuvenated our team. But having a QB that can run a little AND hit slants, drags, outs out of a 3 - 5 step drop would be nice.

While I partially agree with your entire post its the WAY we lose.  This team didn't lose this game; they never even played in the game.  This team and staff confuses me because its either looking promising or dismal from week to week.

This

We show up unmotivated and unprepared. That's on the coaching staff. We know what these guys are capable of with a little focus and effort. Happy Halloween...

I didn't check in last night on any message board because I knew the reactionaries would be out in full force, and it annoys me.

I have known that Iowa a State has a good, tough coach, but it's a tough place to recruit. They had a different qb. I don't know how much film we had on him, but it wasn't enough to convince the guy who was supposed to man the middle. That was open all night. Offensively, we were one dimensional, and it came back to bite us in the butt. Whether Heard can develop an effective passing game remains to be seen. Next years qb may be Locksley or our talented true freshman enrolling in January. Spring should make a big difference in his development. Burt is definitely a go to receiver. If Dickson signs, he can also be a game breaker.

Reactionaries: Strong has said he needs one more recruiting class. He does. Many of you were screaming to "Burn it Down". That's what needed to be done, but you need to remember that Rome wasn't rebuilt in a day, and Texas won't be either. So, sit down, drink a beer or iced tea, and enjoy the process. It is a process.

Hook em!

I dont know anymore. Cant figure out this team. They Whip up on OU then no show vs a door mat team. What made it worse was to watch Montrell Flowers cutting it up and laughing after the game with Iowa State football player. Some of these guys dont look like they give a shit if they lose.

I know you meant Sedric Flowers; but thanks for the blast from the past regarding seldom used WR Montrell Flowers--retired after finding out he only had one kidney after taking a shot to the low back in a home game and sent to ER.

Yes, agree with your post-- let's not be happy after losing to a crummy team upperclass "leader".

I, too, thought we were flat. A well known UT player from the Royal years once told me that our team frequently overlooked less heralded teams. When they did, we would look like crap for a half or so against Baylor, TCU, Rice, etc., but in those days, our roster had so much talent and depth, we could simply come back and overpower overmatched opponents. It's different today.

I think we watched a young team that was overconfident and took an opponent for granted. Repeatedly, fans have been warned that freshman make mistakes. They made them tonight, a lot of them, and most of the upperclassmen are not talented enough to make up for freshmen mistakes. Relax. Freshmen grow up.

I posted this in another thread and it belongs here too. I'm an optimist but there's no way to see any positives from last night's game from the offensive side of the ball. The D held their own for awhile but even they gave up big plays on 3rd and long too many times.

Bad night for Texas football and I believe it's official now, Charlie is on the hot seat.

I know you meant Sedric Flowers; but thanks for the blast from the past regarding seldom used WR Montrell Flowers--retired after finding out he only had one kidney after taking a shot to the low back in a home game and sent to ER.

Yes, agree with your post-- let's not be happy after losing to a crummy team upperclass "leader".

LOL Brain fart.  Yea Flowers the inept OL.

Calm down people. Did you really think winning two games were suddenly going to make us Alabama?

• We still don't have an OC

• We are still starting two true freshmen on the OL (and the other three are not great, either).

• We are still relying on a ton of freshmen on defense.

• We still don't have a TE.

• We still don't have a leader at QB, IMO.

I'm as frustrated as anybody. I quit last night's game after one quarter because I knew where it was going. The young pups got frustrated and they don't know how to rebound.

We will get there. Or we won't. Now is not the time to panic and blow up.

Calm down people. Did you really think winning two games were suddenly going to make us Alabama?

• We still don't have an OC

• We are still starting two true freshmen on the OL (and the other three are not great, either).

• We are still relying on a ton of freshmen on defense.

• We still don't have a TE.

• We still don't have a leader at QB, IMO.

I'm as frustrated as anybody. I quit last night's game after one quarter because I knew where it was going. The young pups got frustrated and they don't know how to rebound.

We will get there. Or we won't. Now is not the time to panic and blow up.

Of course I didnt think we were going win a NC, but I dont expect this team to come out with a lackluster attitude and get shut out by a door mat team.  This Iowa State team is not a TCU or ND.  Hell even Kansas scored on them