Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Former 5 Star Recruit - Thomas Johnson - Charged With Murder

BevoBlake

The Former 5 Star Recruit, Thomas Johnson, out of Skyline HS is to be charged with murder for the slaying of a jogger in Dallas today. 

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015/10/man-stabbed-to-death-on-trail-in-northeast-dallas-suspect-in-custody.html/

Seriously, tragic. As both a runner and a former marathon employee, the trails are a play of peace and relaxation for many. My heart really goes out to the victim's family. 

Thomas Johnson had all types of mental health issues. I wasn't even shocked when I heard the news. When Johnson was at A&M he just randomly disappeared a few days after they upset Alabama. The coaches didn't know why or where he was.

Johnson was high school teammates and good friends with Peter Jinkens. Jinkens was asked this summer by Max Olson if he kept in contact with Johnson and he said nobody even knew what Johnson was up to.

Tragic story on both sides. Johnson needed serious help and it sounds like he never got it.

It's crazy to me how senseless the attack was. No reason outside of frustration. To do something that terrible due to frustration... He needs some help. There is something mentally wrong there.

Pretty sure he is a diagnosed schizophrenic.  Outside of committing him, I'm not sure there is much anyone could have done.

If you want to have a discussion on the state of mental health in this country - and the standards and requirements for committing someone against their will to a mental health facility - there are 100 Senators and 435 congressmen who have no interest in listening to what you have to say.  Its a fight neither party is willing to put any effort into.

Pretty sure he is a diagnosed schizophrenic. Outside of committing him, I'm not sure there is much anyone could have done.

If you want to have a discussion on the state of mental health in this country - and the standards and requirements for committing someone against their will to a mental health facility - there are 100 Senators and 435 congressmen who have no interest in listening to what you have to say. Its a fight neither party is willing to put any effort into.

Facts

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, he has complete mental issues. I hope they don't pursue the death penalty for this. This isn't a football thing anymore. He needed help and didn't get it.

To echo the sentiments of another individual that I'm too lazy to scroll up for. There is a special kind of ignorance and ineptitude in this country when it comes to dealing with mental issues.