Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
BevoBlake

Texas Football Uniform Concepts (10/15)

What a day to drop these right? Hopefully we can keep any negativity from game day out of this thread. As discussion has started around who will represent Texas (Nike/UA/Adidas) going forward, I felt a little inspired to create a new uniform concept. I've created quite a few in the past for the board but I honestly think these are my favorite to date. It features a Home, Away and an Alternate. The home and away uniforms are fairly similar to what we're currently rolling out. I simply made some resizing decisions and then altered the font faces and layouts. 

As for the alternate, ever so controversial, well check it out below:

rEVCXas.jpg

I wanted to keep the alternate fairly conservative. As I feel like Texas' first foray into alternate uniforms will have to be fairly low key. As in, I would never expect them to just roll out a blacked out uniform or anything. At least not anytime within the next decade. The Uniform is our usual Burnt Orange but with white sleeves. Player Numbers are on the sleeves rather than the shoulders. The University's seal is placed on the collar in lieu of the team's logo. I went for an oversized TEXAS on the chest to reflect that "everything is bigger in Texas" mindset. You'll also notice the Longhorn logo reflecting behind the team name and number. This is meant to simulate the reflection of the sun/lights on the jersey. In addition to those features, I also included "Longhorns" running down the mesh on the right leg of the pants. And to round it out, most noticeably, I gave them a Burnt Orange helmet. I think this look gives the team something fresh to roll out. It's something you can show off to recruiting prospects without ditching the history and tradition of the program. I look forward to hearing what you guys think about this concept.

I like these, too, BevoBlake, as I mentioned on the other thread, I think here you have stayed within reasonable constraints without "duck suiting" them up.  One quibble, though, just for the sake of discussion.  I think your alternative uniform is too timid.  In general I like it, but I would stay with the "home" jersey and make the pants burnt orange too.  I would also like to see a black or dark charcoal version of the alternative uniform with burnt orange numerals, text and trim..  Thanks for presenting these ... you do good work.  And, it gives us something to talk about.

Postscript:  Even though I did not care for the "TEXAS and FIGHT" on the sides of the jersey undershirts of the uniform from the long uniform concepts thread, for whatever reason, I like "LONGHORNS" text on the sides of the pants on these.

Blake, thanks for posting your designs. Good change up to the game threads! Now, can that manequin in the middle field a long snap and punt? Place kick with accuracy? Just checking.

No ... but he is eight foot tall ... and he just stands at the fifty yard line, not moving, with that deep blank void of a face of his ... and the opposing team's voices keen in a rising wail of despair ...  and they flee the field of play post haste in random directions, never to be seen again ... thusly defaulting the contest ...  ;)

I like everything I see except the orange helmet. Everything else is nice and classy.

White or silver on the helmet but not orange.

NOW!  Sirhornsalot!  I thinks you done did it!  By having a different opinion than mine,  I guess our only recourse now is that we that we are gonna have to have a dual at dawn!  You pick the weapons! ... No!  WAIT!  You would proly pick silver plated dueling water hoses!  Leaving me at a distinct disadvantage!  Why, Sirhornsalot! ... that's proly the way you planned it from the git go, idn't it? !!!  ;)

Great designs BevoBlake. Im really liking the Alt. Unis alot..Can you show side profiles and Back also?

You know, BevoBlake, my wife was shopping for shoes, this morning on her phone, and she showed me a website where a shoe she was looking at just rotated in three dimensions ... couldn't you just knock that out in your spare time?  ;)

Sorry, TeamMayhall!  I could not help myself!  ;)

No ... but he is eight foot tall ... and he just stands at the fifty yard line, not moving, with that deep blank void of a face of his ... and the opposing team's voices keen in a rising wail of despair ... and they flee the field of play post haste in random directions, never to be seen again ... thusly defaulting the contest ... ;)

Wait, are you writing a book about middle mannequin? Movie rights? I see a Lord of the Rings type trilogy here! Nice prose my friend!

Wait, are you writing a book about middle mannequin? Movie rights? I see a Lord of the Rings type trilogy here! Nice prose my friend!

Lord of the Mannequins: Fellowship of the Heard

Lord of the Mannequins: Two Missed Field Goals

Lord of the Mannequins: Return of the 10 Yard Punt

I'm claiming copyrights right now. 

On the real though, I'll try to knock out some of the suggestions made in this thread. For sake of discussion.

The least we could do is to write an epic ballad like "Big John" ... THAT, then could evolve into mythological tomes like "The Iliad" and "The Odyssey".  What could we call him? ... Hmmmm ... "Big Orange" just doesn't have the "write" ring to it ... Where is bierce when you need him?  Some of you guys may not know this, but bierce is really good at this stuff ...   ;)

On the real though, I'll try to knock out some of the suggestions made in this thread. For sake of discussion.

It should not only rotate on an axis from head to toe, but also on an axis through the belly button ... ;)  On the real, BevoBlake, you need to up your game!  ;)

Once again, TeamMayhall!  I cannot seem to help myself!  ;)

NOW!  Sirhornsalot!  I thinks you done did it!  By having a different opinion than mine,  I guess our only recourse now is that we that we are gonna have to have a dual at dawn!  You pick the weapons! ... No!  WAIT!  You would proly pick silver plated dueling water hoses!  Leaving me at a distinct disadvantage!  Why, Sirhornsalot! ... that's proly the way you planned it from the git go, idn't it? !!!  ;)

tumblr_m1kedkRwsx1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

I like these, too, BevoBlake, as I mentioned on the other thread, I think here you have stayed within reasonable constraints without "duck suiting" them up.  One quibble, though, just for the sake of discussion.  I think your alternative uniform is too timid.  In general I like it, but I would stay with the "home" jersey and make the pants burnt orange too.  I would also like to see a black or dark charcoal version of the alternative uniform with burnt orange numerals, text and trim..  Thanks for presenting these ... you do good work.  And, it gives us something to talk about.

Postscript:  Even though I did not care for the "TEXAS and FIGHT" on the sides of the jersey undershirts of the uniform from the long uniform concepts thread, for whatever reason, I like "LONGHORNS" text on the sides of the pants on these.

Chages Via BudreauReye

V0wPEI1.jpg

I like everything I see except the orange helmet. Everything else is nice and classy.

White or silver on the helmet but not orange.

Changes Via Sirhornsalot

9QRIL9l.jpg

Great effort, Blake.

I know that I'm older and don't appreciate the latest trends, but I HATE the chrome helmets. Only shiny metal helmets that look good to me are Notre Dame's because theirs match the golden dome. If we do a burnt orange helmet, I'd prefer it have a satin or pearl finish. I don't like matte, either.

Chages Via BudreauReye

V0wPEI1.jpg

Changes Via Sirhornsalot

9QRIL9l.jpg

Just for shits and grins, what does the middle (white jersey) uniform look like with black pants? The orange pants turn me off. Wanted to see if there's another combo I like better.

I do think a helmet variation using chrome instead of white would be very cool. Funny, I don't think I'd like gold though.

Great effort, Blake.

I know that I'm older and don't appreciate the latest trends, but I HATE the chrome helmets. Only shiny metal helmets that look good to me are Notre Dame's because theirs match the golden dome. If we do a burnt orange helmet, I'd prefer it have a satin or pearl finish. I don't like matte, either.

As much as they may look it, those are actually pearl finished helmets. Shading and highlights kind of make things look funny sometimes. Same reason why the white pants appear to have a slight silver tint. 

Just for shits and grins, what does the middle (white jersey) uniform look like with black pants? The orange pants turn me off. Wanted to see if there's another combo I like better.

I do think a helmet variation using chrome instead of white would be very cool. Funny, I don't think I'd like gold though.

I'll put it together and upload it soon.

Sorry BevoBlake, but I meant alternative uniforms like the first one in the picture that you attributed to me, except all burnt orange with white trim and a burnt orange helmet and all black with a black Helmet with orange trim but no orange epaulettes on the shoulders - same numerals as the larger numerals in both cases.  The theory on the alternative uniforms would be to simplify.  Thanks again for doing these.

I have known you were here all along ... Heh! Heh! Heh!

Not sure if I would go with the pink dress with scythe uniform, possibly the red plaid shirt would work with a classic white Longhorn helmet.

PS: after an hour I just realized the Disney gal in the pink dress is actually swinging a frying pan...but hey, I got to use the word scythe in a sentence so we are all winners.

lool-gifs-25987192-500-360.gif

This is the way that goes with my people.  I tried out for the Longhorn Band, but I think that Java told them not to let me in.  I was devastated!

1261792911538_f.jpg

I believe you mean "Return of the -6 Yard Punt".

If Nike does not renew the contract with Texas, would y'all rather us be sponsored by Adidas or Under Armour?

Personally, I think the teams with Adidas have cooler uniforms than UA. BUT overall, I like UA as a brand more than I like Adidas.