Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I like Charlie. A lot.

streettopeschel

Sorry, Charlie is in over his head. This is a very poorly coached team.

You can't be serious? The freshman are the best players on the team! You could not bring any coach present or past in and win with the group left behind by the previous staff. Strong has changed the culture of this program. We knew from the beginning that it would not be fixed over night. Anyone calling for Strongs head as zero understanding for the game.

You can't be serious? The freshman are the best players on the team! You could not bring any coach present or past in and win with the group left behind by the previous staff. Strong has changed the culture of this program. We knew from the beginning that it would not be fixed over night. Anyone calling for Strongs head as zero understanding for the game.

Agree, until your post my thoughts were:

ThisThreadSucks_B.jpg

give it a rest. secondary experience can be painful especially all the frosh Texas is playing on outside.Strong needs another recruiting class to get more answers as to whether this team is outcoached because i see a team having to play seniors and juniors who would be backups at many teams Texas is playing the 3 senior o-line .the 3 freshmen DB`S Hill, Davis,Boyd should get all the reps at corner all 3 had hands on INT kinda surprised refs let Hill`s TD stand without flag but they are clearly more .move Antuan Davis and Bonney   getting chance at free safety with Haines and let Duke Thomas and Locke playing nickel. 

I am absolutely serious! And I have more understanding for the game than you think I do. Come one man, 1-3 to start the year and you're okay with that? That's the same record as f##king SMU! It's time for this staff to shit or get off the pot! Quit making excuses for them! Hell yes, I'm pissed!

give it a rest. secondary experience can be painful especially all the frosh Texas is playing on outside.Strong needs another recruiting class to get more answers as to whether this team is outcoached because i see a team having to play seniors and juniors who would be backups at many teams Texas is playing the 3 senior o-line .the 3 freshmen DB`S Hill, Davis,Boyd should get all the reps at corner all 3 had hands on INT kinda surprised refs let Hill`s TD stand without flag but they are clearly more .move Antuan Davis and Bonney getting chance at free safety with Haines and let Duke Thomas and Locke playing nickel.

I'm surprised as well they let Hill's TD stand, they f'd up every other important play we had with a game changing penalty that was questionable. The interception overturned by the half ass roughing the passer call changed the game IMO.

Get over it, street.

Judge...when you quoted Street...you left out that part of Street's post that said ..."

I like Charlie. A lot.

And then Street went on to just post some mild commentary that I took to mean..."hey..'''if I didn't like Charlie so much, I'd be a little upset about the way things have been going". I agreed with him.

It's rare rare rare that I disagree with your posts, but this is one of those occasions in which I think you've been totally unfair with your criticism of what is actually just mild commentary on what's happened over the last year and a half.

If you want to be pissed at someone..it ought not be Street (or me).. There is other stuff being posted that is not less than 10 times as critical of Charley as what Street posted.  

We have had two extremely painful losses, both with some incredibly unlucky turns of events ... however, what stands out to me is how incredibly young this team is,  and how those incredibly young players have shown remarkable improvement in each of the last three games.  I do not bet, but if I did, it would be hard not to bet the farm that these young players have just a tad more resiliency than some of our naysayer fans.  I am sorry that some of you got your Saturday ruined, but I respectfully suggest that you just hide and watch.  This team has the makings of something special.

We have had two extremely painful losses, both with some incredibly unlucky turns of events ... however, what stands out to me is how incredibly young this team is, and how those incredibly young players have shown remarkable improvement in each of the last three games. I do not bet, but if I did, it would be hard not to bet the farm that these young players have just a tad more resiliency than some of our naysayer fans. I am sorry that some of you got your Saturday ruined, but I respectfully suggest that you just hide and watch. This team has the makings of something special.

Finally someone else that speaks the truth!!

Year One:

• QB transfer falls through, leaving the team with one QB who can run the offense as designed.
  • Said QB is lost for the season in season opener.
  • Only experienced linemen are either lost for the season in the opener or booted because they belong in rehab.

Year Two:

• Texas starts with literally the most difficult schedule in all of college football. 
  • The offensive coordinator forgets the offense he installed and apparently has some bias against Jerrod Heard. (Strong deserves some blame here but only here.)
  • A kicker forgets how to kick. A punter forgets how to punt. An official forgets how to be a professional.

The games aren't played in a vacuum. I challenge you to find a head coach who had success in year one who would have still been successful without the two best offensive linemen and with whichever backup quarterback is most different from the starting quarterback. For example, make Kevin Sumlin's Aggies play their first year with Matt Joeckel at QB and no Luke Joeckel or Jake Matthews.

Now look at this year. If you were surprised by Texas' loss to Notre Dame, it's OK to stop reading — you're probably very confused by a lot of things you've read today, and it's not going to get any easier for you. The Longhorns beat a team they should beat (Rice). They lost by a point to a team that was picked to beat them by a touchdown because they missed a PAT. They lost by a field goal to a team that was picked to beat them by a field goal because they couldn't execute a punt and whatever that officiating was.

The best players on the team right now joined the program under Strong, especially the true freshmen. THAT IS NOT NORMAL. THAT SHOULD NOT BE THE CASE. Malik Jefferson should not be the best linebacker on the team. Connor Williams should not be the best lineman. John Burt should not be the best receiver. Vance shouldn't have to put in Holton freaking Hill and Kris Boyd to shore up the secondary. If those 18- and 19-year-olds are better right now than the 21- and 22-year-olds Mack recruited and "coached," how good do you think they'll be in a year? Two years? Three years?

I could keep going but I'm going to take a break. But if you think Charlie should be fired right now, I encourage you to reply and say as much — I assume there's an ignore feature on the site and I'd like for those worth ignoring to announce their presence now.

4th and 12 from the 40...you go for it...Doesn't sound like the guy who made that decision has much understanding of the game....and no it isn't the same as the Pirate's decisions etc...In that situation yesterday...with our team........ YOU PUNT THE BALL !!!!!!!!! They got a field goal because that call. We lived in our end of the field from then on.

Lets not forget THE COACHES said our defensive front was the strongest part of our team......Obviously they don't know much more than the average Joe.

I could go on with poor decisions on the day, but that is enough said. A smart coach, especially one who cut his teeth on defense, PUNTS THE BALL THERE !!!!!