Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 Takeaways From a Frustrating Loss to Oklahoma State

Mike Roach

What's the record under Charlie? Let me give you a hint. It's piss poor! And I don't give a shit who's on the field. It's time to quit making excuses. Shit or get off the pot!

Hey NT, maybe you should think about being an NFL team owner. Just think of the fun you could have firing coaches every couple of months or maybe weeks.

I want to see how the Big 12 responds as they need to respond.  If this just goes away with no investigation or comments from the league then that will make me very upset and the Texas AD  Mike Perrin should be screaming at the top of his lungs.  Do you think Pat Hadden at USC would have allowed this , hell know he would have been on the sideline with phone in ear calling whoever needed to be called about how this game was officiated.  Texas should not let this just go away. No they need be loud and threatening regarding this matter and what conference options they have.  

Yeah are our coaching staff is incompetent because they don't have freshman and redshirt freshman playing like seniors. Also, they're incompetent because they didn't beat the Cowboys and the refs.

No ..they are incompetent because they have Srs and Jrs playing like Freshmen.....and making bonehead coaching decisions.

So the Big 12 will assign this crew to another Texas game ???? Seriously ???? That should not happen in any way shape or form....Shouldn't even be suggested. SMH

Didn't Nebraska leave after that Big 12 Championship because the Officials put 1 sec back on the clock?

If so, then we may need to consider a departure since this is becoming a battle of egos

Didn't Nebraska leave after that Big 12 Championship because the Officials put 1 sec back on the clock?

If so, then we may need to consider a departure since this is becoming a battle of egos

No, they left because they were butt hurt over Deloss taking away their partial qualifier BS. And that wrecked Nebraska's program or at least how they had it set up and what made them so successful.

The championship game clock issue wasn't an issue at all. No matter how many times you replay the game video, the officials did the right thing. Whatever complaints about the outcome from their side is just more butt hurt but with no justification.

Tom Osborne hated Texas from the moment we entered the conference. That took away their partial qualifier golden cow. I suppose if you take anything away from that championship game is – even when Nebraska had put together what it thought was its best team in years, they found out they still could not beat Texas. Perhaps thats when they threw their hands up, I'm not sure.

No, they left because they were butt hurt over Deloss taking away their partial qualifier BS. And that wrecked Nebraska's program or at least how they had it set up and what made them so successful.

The championship game clock issue wasn't an issue at all. No matter how many times you replay the game video, the officials did the right thing. Whatever complaints about the outcome from their side is just more butt hurt but with no justification.

Tom Osborne hated Texas from the moment we entered the conference. That took away their partial qualifier golden cow. I suppose if you take anything away from that championship game is – even when Nebraska had put together what it thought was its best team in years, they found out they still could not beat Texas. Perhaps thats when they threw their hands up, I'm not sure.

If I remember correctly, under that system, they could give a partial qualifier scholarship to one player from each county in Nebraska.  They used that program to stockpile big boy linemen, redshirt them and feed them a lot of corn.  They used that as a feeder system for their offensive line.

Heck!  I think Texas should be able to offer a partial qualifier scholarship to one player in each county in Texas ... seems fair to me.  Dang that Deloss!  He sure missed on that one!  ;)

If I remember correctly, under that system, they could give a partial qualifier scholarship to one player from each county in Nebraska.  They used that program to stockpile big boy linemen, redshirt them and feed them a lot of corn.  They used that as a feeder system for their offensive line.

Heck!  I think Texas should be able to offer a partial qualifier scholarship to one player in each county in Texas ... seems fair to me.  Dang that Deloss!  He sure missed on that one!  ;)

That was the story that they wanted you to believe. But in reality, it was that program that got such stalwart student athletes like Lawrence Phillips accepted into a major university. Phillips hailed from California. If you ever heard Phillips speak, you'd know he's dumber than the dirt he stands on.

They purposely pursued great athletes who had sucky grades and got them through using partial qualifier status.

Those corn-fed farm boys didn't need academic help to get in.

Yeah, my remembry wasn't quite what I thought it was ... but, they did have a "walk-on " program.  PLEASE, SHA, don't let your facts interfere with my story telling!  ;)

https://www.quora.com/How-was-Tom-Osborne-so-successful-as-football-coach-at-Nebraska