Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Thread

HornSports Staff

From Hamm --

"Earlier today, I received a phone call from one of the top prospects in Texas participating in the UAAG,

who’s also a priority target for Kevin Sumlin and his staff, that suggests there’s a lot of negative talk

between players about A&M.

As it was directly put, “Nobody here wants to go there right now. â€

PER HAMM

Speaking of McCulloch and Jones, there’s a lot of positive talk around the Longhorns in Orlando. Both All-Americans will be in Austin officially on January 15th, not to mention there’s a ton of momentum building for Texas, with so many top Lone Star State prospects expected to be on the 40 Acres that weekend. The key will be for A&M to get both elite prospects back to College Station unofficially before NSD. That’s actually the staff’s plan so it will be imperative for that to happen if A&M wants to sign either All-American. It’s safe to say both are trending away from the in-state SEC program.

MBH, where did he say that I didn't see that.

More from Hamm --

I’ve mentioned that A&M was in the lead for a number of uncommitted prospects in the Under Armour Game for a while, but I’ve confirmed 100-percent that more than one player, not counting Eric Cuffee, had A&M as their outright leaders before the news about Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray surfaced.

That’s not the case anymore. In fact, as this player put it, “They are slipping fast.â€

This is the key question for a successful recruiting class.

Whaley said if he wasn't confident Strong would be at Texas after next season, that would be a deal-breaker for the Horns.

Hogs hope for good news before Liberty Bowl

Arkansas fans will watch the Hogs take on Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl on Saturday, but before that they'll also be tuning into the Under Armour All-America game in Orlando, Fla.

Highly regarded running back Devwah Whaley is expected to announce his college decision during the game, which will be televised on ESPN2 at 11 a.m.

Whaley, 6-0, 209 pounds, 4.45 seconds in the 40-yard dash, of Beaumont (Texas) Central will choose among Arkansas, Texas or Georgia

He appeared to be all set to attend Georgia when he orally committed to the Bulldogs on Nov. 26. He reopened his recruitment Dec. 7 after Mark Richt was fired and eventually was named the coach at Miami.

"It was a challenge deciding whether I was going to stay committed or not," Whaley said. "Whether Coach Richt was going to stay or not, because I was hearing he was going to be let go. I just ended up deciding to decommit and open up my recruitment."

He said Georgia is still under consideration.

He made an unofficial visit to Arkansas during the summer and an official visit for the Mississippi State game Nov. 21. He said several things stood out about his trip to Fayetteville, including Coach Bret Bielema.

"The coaching staff, coach B, the players, the environment, the fans, everything," he said.

ESPN rates Whaley the No. 3 running back and No. 49 overall prospect in the nation. He rushed 228 times for 1,701 yards and 23 touchdowns as a senior.

Whaley plans to make an official visit to Texas on Jan. 15, regardless of his decision Saturday.

"That's the only one I have set up right now," he said.

His trip to Austin will be clouded by the uncertainty of Coach Charlie Strong's future.

"Just hoping to see ... my only concern is whether Coach Strong will still be there after next year, and just be with some of the other top recruits in the state and hang out with them and just have fun and enjoy the process."

Whaley said if he wasn't confident Strong would be at Texas after next season, that would be a deal-breaker for the Horns.

"You build a relationship with these coaches, so you base your commitment not just off the school, but the coaches as well," Whaley said

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2016/jan/01/hogs-hope-for-good-news-before-liberty--1/

Andrew Fitzgerald -- ""Southall I've been talking to since I've been here.  And Jean Delance and Brandon Jones are in this group message all the commits are in, so ..."

And sounds like Andrew is still knocking the fitz out of some offensive linemen

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

Greg Biggins --

"Probably the best overall player for the second day in a row was Andrew Fitzgerald. The Texas commit was unblockable. They were holding him, choke hold, grabbing, and doing everything they could in 1-on-1s and the team drills. He's too big, too strong, and he has a real good work ethic. The guy is going to be a stud. He can go inside, outside. He doesn't know how good he's going to be yet."

Andrew Fitzgerald -- ""Southall I've been talking to since I've been here. And Jean Delance and Brandon Jones are in this group message all the commits are in, so ..."

And sounds like Andrew is still knocking the fitz out of some offensive linemen

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) https://twitter.com/BrianDohnScout/status/683008599875039232" data-datetime="2011-11-07T20:21:07+00:00">November 7, 2011

Greg Biggins --

"Probably the best overall player for the second day in a row was Andrew Fitzgerald. The Texas commit was unblockable. They were holding him, choke hold, grabbing, and doing everything they could in 1-on-1s and the team drills. He's too big, too strong, and he has a real good work ethic. The guy is going to be a stud. He can go inside, outside. He doesn't know how good he's going to be yet."

Juan does this mean that Jones and Delance are most likely going to be Texas commits?

Juan does this mean that Jones and Delance are most likely going to be Texas commits?

Seems like a fair conclusion.

And seems like Andrew has come to the same conclusion.

But all we can really say with any certainty as of this moment is that they are all in the same private chat group together.

It's good, but not necessarily determinative

Whaley still insisting he will OV Horns Jan 15 (regardless of whether he announces Sat or not)

when the ink is dry, only then will we know where whaley goes.  i hope both the AD and UT pres are on campus all recruiting weekends.  that would show full support for strong and comp.

Seems like a fair conclusion.

And seems like Andrew has come to the same conclusion.

But all we can really say with any certainty as of this moment is that they are all in the same private chat group together.

It's good, but not necessarily determinative

Appreciate the feedback Juan