Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Thread

I never said we would never sign a good WR.  I said it will be tough to get them if we aren't in the hunt for titles since we are not a predominately passing team like the TCUs, Baylor's, and Aggy type teams who throw 70 times a game......If you are an 18 yr old WR ( not wearing orange colored glasses ), what type of offense would you want to play for ? Aggy, TCU, Baylor, or Texas ? Maybe  knowing you have a great chance for a title could sway you to play for a team that doesn't throw throw throw.....Otherwise what ya gonna do wanting t get to the NFL ?

So how do you explain John Burt and Ryan Newsome signing with the 2015 class and Tren'Davian Dickson, Collin Johnson and Reggie Hemphill-Mapps committing for 2016?

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol I've been telling y'all about this secret commit for a while now, I'm assuming the issue is that he's committed to another school and doesn't want anyone to know, me and my source are actually goo

As much fun as all this aggy trollin is, there is a deeper, much more meaningful and powerful message being delivered. The players are aware of what people were saying this season due to the bad loss

#LetsRide , I've been so busy lately what's up everyone!?   CS has been the hardest working man in college football, the man is on a mission. Keep in mind as I reported last week, he's making all t

Posted Images

Johnson ...his dad played for UT...good reason to come to Texas.

Burt and Newsome....???? Did they have an offer from Baylor, TCU, or Aggy ? 

I guess a few just love something about Texas.

Besides, we will always get a couple here and there. Baylor, etc can't take them all.

I just don't see us getting the elite unless we can show them we will throw the ball round more successfully like the spread offensives do.

Again if we can rush for 300 yards we SHOULD get the elite RBs.

BUT...we should be having DBs, DLs, etc knocking the doors down to come here....but.....Why aren't we ? Puzzling....

Besides, we will always get a couple here and there. Baylor, etc can't take them all.

I just don't see us getting the elite unless we can show them we will throw the ball round more successfully like the spread offensives do.

BUT...we should be having DBs, DLs, etc knocking the doors down to come here....but.....Why aren't we ? Puzzling....

John Burt Offers:

Auburn

Alabama

Florida

Florida State

Georgia

Georgia Tech

Kentucky

Louisville

LSU

Maryland

Miami

Michigan

Nebraska

North Carolina

Ohio State

Ole Miss

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

UCLA

West Virginia

Ryan Newsome Offers:

Alabama

Arizona State

Arkansas

Baylor

California

Clemson

Colorado State

Duke

Florida State

Kansas State

Louisville

Missouri

Nebraska

North Texas

Notre Dame

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Ole Miss

Oregon

Oregon State

Stanford

TCU

Tennessee

Texas

Texas Tech

UCLA

USC

Washington

Wisconsin

Now seriously....if you're going to troll, do better. Both of these kids were as highly touted as you can get.

John Burt Offers:

Auburn

Alabama

Florida

Florida State

Georgia

Georgia Tech

Kentucky

Louisville

LSU

Maryland

Miami

Michigan

Nebraska

North Carolina

Ohio State

Ole Miss

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

UCLA

West Virginia

Ryan Newsome Offers:

Alabama

Arizona State

Arkansas

Baylor

California

Clemson

Colorado State

Duke

Florida State

Kansas State

Louisville

Missouri

Nebraska

North Texas

Notre Dame

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Ole Miss

Oregon

Oregon State

Stanford

TCU

Tennessee

Texas

Texas Tech

UCLA

USC

Washington

Wisconsin

Now seriously....if you're going to troll, do better. Both of these kids were as highly touted as you can get.

Logic doesn't apply with these types Blake.. Only their opinion matters -  and it is always right

But nice post I didn't realize that there were so many offers for both of those guys.

Thanks

John Burt Offers:

Auburn

Alabama

Florida

Florida State

Georgia

Georgia Tech

Kentucky

Louisville

LSU

Maryland

Miami

Michigan

Nebraska

North Carolina

Ohio State

Ole Miss

South Carolina

Tennessee

Texas

UCLA

West Virginia

Ryan Newsome Offers:

Alabama

Arizona State

Arkansas

Baylor

California

Clemson

Colorado State

Duke

Florida State

Kansas State

Louisville

Missouri

Nebraska

North Texas

Notre Dame

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Ole Miss

Oregon

Oregon State

Stanford

TCU

Tennessee

Texas

Texas Tech

UCLA

USC

Washington

Wisconsin

Hemphill Mapps:

Clemson

Louisville

OU

Miss State

Notre Dame

UCLA

Michigan State

LSU

North Carolina

Ole Miss

Tren'Davian Dickson:

Bama

Baylor

A&M

Michigan

ND

OU

Oklahoma State

TCU

USC

Michigan State

Texas Tech

Damion Miller (just a '17 recruit so he will get more offers):

Oklahoma State

Ole Miss

A&M

Texas Tech 

Houston 

Don't ruin GBT's narrative now. Texas just keeps getting "lucky" and landing a bunch of highly touted WRs. These are the type comments that make everyone think GBT is a troll. 

Hemphill Mapps:

Clemson

Louisville

OU

Miss State

Notre Dame

UCLA

Michigan State

LSU

North Carolina

Ole Miss

Tren'Davian Dickson:

Bama

Baylor

A&M

Michigan

ND

OU

Oklahoma State

TCU

USC

Michigan State

Texas Tech

Damion Miller (just a '17 recruit so he will get more offers):

Oklahoma State

Ole Miss

A&M

Texas Tech

Houston

Don't ruin GBT's narrative now. Texas just keeps getting "lucky" and landing a bunch of highly touted WRs. These are the type comments that make everyone think GBT is a troll.

I don't "think" he is a troll. I know what he is.

It doesn't take much to puzzle you, does it? 

Assuming that "DBs, DLs, etc" means all defensive recruits...

2015 Secondary

- Holton Hill

- Kris Boyd

- Davante Davis

- DeShon Elliot

2015 LBs

- Malik Jefferson

- Anthony Wheeler

- Cameron Townsend

DL...we could use a few.

You are puzzling.

GBT, let me put lay this out for you.

John Burt – Will be AA before he leaves Texas

Colin Johnson – See John Burt, perhaps more upside than Burt

Trendavian Dickinson – See Dez Bryant

Reggie Hemphill-Mapps – would start at most Big 12 schools in freshman year, but will likely RS at Texas.

Damian Miller – Perhaps a tad higher on the talent scale than Hemphill-Mapps. Suffers from East Texas disease, where media coverage is sparse and his notoriety suffers because of it.

The group you see above is incomplete. I didn't even list Newsome, who I think is a full step down from this group. This will be the best collection of WR talent Texas has ever had. Roy-BJ-Sloan was good, but they were only three.

Keep an eye on a kid named Camp. This is fresh, heck I don't even know the kid's first name. Was just told we've made some serious progress in a very short time. Anyone familiar with this recruit?

He is a DT from Florida that was/is committed to USC. I heard he is looking to take an official to Texas now.

http://247sports.com/Player/Keyshon-Camp-45062

It doesn't take much to puzzle you, does it? 

Assuming that "DBs, DLs, etc" means all defensive recruits...

2015 Secondary

- Holton Hill

- Kris Boyd

- Davante Davis

- DeShon Elliot

2015 LBs

- Malik Jefferson

- Anthony Wheeler

- Cameron Townsend

DL...we could use a few.

Those are guys we have. I'm referring to 2016, and lack of defensive commits. Seems like nearly all the top recruits we have gone after in 2016 have committed to someone else...Thats what is puzzling since Charlie is Mr defense. 

Those are guys we have. I'm referring to 2016, and lack of defensive commits. Seems like nearly all the top recruits we have gone after in 2016 have committed to someone else...Thats what is puzzling since Charlie is Mr defense.

Oh please. This coming from the guy who claimed our 2015 WR commits were "leftovers." Our best defensive recruits in 2015 announced within the last quarter of the recruiting window. We're still a month and a half outside of the timeframe that Strong devotes his time to recruiting.

Your arguments are so inanely nonsensical that I'm not sure why I even respond at this point. Maybe simply to remind folks of just how great our 2015 class was. Maybe to remind folks that in a few short years, Texas will be back atop the podium.

"Lagaryonn Carson is a four-star defensive end from Texarkana (Texas) Liberty-Eylau. He is the No 70 ranked player in the country for next year regardless of position and will battle for five-star status. Lagaryonn Carson is wanted by Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee and Texas A&M but ended speculation and committed to the Texas Longhorns."