Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Thread

HornSports Staff

Hey Everyone, long time reader of the Rivals forum and recent reader of HS.....now first time poster. Scholz, Madcow, and a few others...hint hint...da bomb...have been keeping me up to date with the latest news in recruiting/practice the past few years. HS seems the place to be! Thanks to Juan and many others for recent recruiting info. Grew up and graduated in Texas, now reside in the dreaded SEC country. Hoping to contribute some meaningful dialog with everyone! Except on Wednesday the 3rd... Taking off work. Is it wrong to drink Jack at 8am??? i may be slurrrring my typing by the end of the day.... I haven't been this excited about Texas recruiting in....like....well....ever!!!

Hook'em!

Cheers!

Great handle you have there. Grew up in both Jasper and Newton.

In US there is a Newton in 13 states, and a Jasper in 11.

I still feel this 

Chris Brown TEXAS

Lil'Jordan Humphrey TEXAS

Eric Cuffee TEXAS

Jeffrey McCulloch TEXAS

Stephon Taylor TEXAS

D'Andre Christmas-Giles TEXAS

Brandon Jones TEXAS

Jordan Elliott TEXAS

Marcel Southall WHO KNOWS 

Erick Fowler LSU

Pat Hudson BAYLOR

Dontavious Jackson TEXAS

Irvin Smith TEXAS

Mark Jackson TEXAS 

Michael Williams Stanford 

Kyle Porter TCU

Daniels TEXAS

If offered 'take or leave it as is' would be a great class.

Of the ones listed that are not Texas, if I had to guess at one of those ending up at Texas I'd say Williams. Anyone aiming to attend Stanford would just as well fit at Texas. Can't say the same for those who up to now feel a connection with LSU, Baylor and TCU.

So the 12 listed plus a surprise not shown here, and one of the others deciding Texas... and there you are.

If offered 'take or leave it as is' would be a great class.

Of the ones listed that are not Texas, if I had to guess at one of those ending up at Texas I'd say Williams. Anyone aiming to attend Stanford would just as well fit at Texas. Can't say the same for those who up to now feel a connection with LSU, Baylor and TCU.

So the 12 listed plus a surprise not shown here, and one of the others deciding Texas... and there you are.

If 1 or 2 of the Texas projections flipped somewhere else, who does everybody think would be Plan B players that might commit at the last minute?

I still feel this 

Chris Brown TEXAS

Lil'Jordan Humphrey TEXAS

Eric Cuffee TEXAS

Jeffrey McCulloch TEXAS

Stephon Taylor TEXAS

D'Andre Christmas-Giles TEXAS

Brandon Jones TEXAS

Jordan Elliott TEXAS

Marcel Southall WHO KNOWS 

Erick Fowler LSU

Pat Hudson BAYLOR

Dontavious Jackson TEXAS

Irvin Smith TEXAS

Mark Jackson TEXAS 

Michael Williams Stanford 

Kyle Porter TCU

Daniels TEXAS

Your class would address everything

Jackson is in relieving the worry of missing Fowler

DJax for that missing thumper in the middle

Jones, perhaps the single biggest get in the group

The one issue is that you have 5 DTs when you add Wilbon.  At first blush, it seems like one too many as eventually someone will start worrying about PT and bail for another school.  But Higs is convinced that the answer in found in the idea that they are no all coming as DTs.  This is pretty clever use of the depth chart.  Taylor, for example, has the build of a 3-4 style DE.  And Elliott is so talented he could play any position on the DL.  If we do land all the DTs on this list, then everyone will have no choice but to tip their hats to Strong, because it will be an absolute coup.

Your class would address everything

Jackson is in relieving the worry of missing Fowler

DJax for that missing thumper in the middle

Jones, perhaps the single biggest get in the group

The one issue is that you have 5 DTs when you add Wilbon.  At first blush, it seems like one too many as eventually someone will start worrying about PT and bail for another school.  But Higs is convinced that the answer in found in the idea that they are no all coming as DTs.  This is pretty clever use of the depth chart.  Taylor, for example, has the build of a 3-4 style DE.  And Elliott is so talented he could play any position on the DL.  If we do land all the DTs on this list, then everyone will have no choice but to tip their hats to Strong, because it will be an absolute coup.

Man, the defense would be absolutely NASTY with all these guys!

Yeah, im old... Trying to get this reply stuff down. Thanks Epictetus! That's quite the knowledge on the towns of Jasper and Newton!

I won't derail the thread however. After NSD...

I wouldt be begrudge anyone accepting the invite to Stanford. Helluva education and football team. I'd like to know just how much Malik is in all the recruits ears behind the scenes... Bet he's the best player recruiter we've had.