Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Thread

HornSports Staff

Let me get this straight Longhorn fans say everyone in the SEC is buying recruits. Texas starts to gain traction in recruiting and now aggie and other SEC fans are buying recruits. Texas fans say no we are not Strong is just that good of a recruiter.. LMAO. I guess Freeze , Saban, Muschamp, Smart, cannot be good recruiters.  The $$$ stick is so outplayed. Who cares...

• Ole mi$$ came up and an interesting little note - Said that a couple of acquaintances of his (VIP types, former pro athletes) have sons/daughters accepted into the school w/o ever applying. Just randomly received an acceptance letter. In one case the son is not an athlete and the dad has virtually no connection to the school.  He did some digging and found a couple of other influential people in his circles that had the same happen to them.  Apparently this is their marketing strategy to get more $ and influence to the school.  When I asked if it worked, he said half of them are there now.  Don't know if anyone else does this, but it's the 1st I heard of it.  Makes you wonder what they do with 4 and 5 star athletes.

Texas kids generally are popping up at Ol Miss.  it's an alternative school for alot of people who cant get into Texas.  This began before aggy went SECSEC.  But more now.  I have some neighbors who are connected to Beaumont movers and shakers and alot of kids from that area (the Golden Triangle) are going there now.

Thats all I know.  I sort of like it there but have only been one time.  I like Faulkner so did the tour for him.  The John Grisham story also began there (he went to Ol Miss Law).  Too geeky for this thread?  Sorry if so.

I think we get a big burst with the guys already committed sending in their LOIs and the rest announcing throughout the day.  The big thing that was mentioned about everyone waiting to NSD was that the guys wanted to see UT climb up the rankings throughout the day to maintain them in the conversation as long as possible.

It is going to be fun for all of us

Everyone except aggy

There was even a gofundme campaign last week aimed at offering them a form of aid and comfort, but it was taken down for breaking terms or something

It is going to be fun for all of us

Everyone except aggy

There was even a gofundme campaign last week aimed at offering them a form of aid and comfort, but it was taken down for breaking terms or something

They are getting there asses handed to them lol

Texas kids generally are popping up at Ol Miss.  it's an alternative school for alot of people who cant get into Texas.  This began before aggy went SECSEC.  But more now.  I have some neighbors who are connected to Beaumont movers and shakers and alot of kids from that area (the Golden Triangle) are going there now.

Thats all I know.  I sort of like it there but have only been one time.  I like Faulkner so did the tour for him.  The John Grisham story also began there (he went to Ol Miss Law).  Too geeky for this thread?  Sorry if so.

I hear you Juan.   Couldn't agree more. I have family members attending Arky and it's a similar situation there.  I went up for a visit with my niece and was surprised how over run the place was with DFW kids.  Think aggy going to the sec didn't just open the door to recruiting to Texas, but also opened the sec to all students.

aggy latched onto that McCombs part because of a post-visit interview with Jackson I think

He confused the names of who spoke to them -- McCombs for Perrin

McCombs was not there

Was a simple mistake but they are clinging to it

Lord have mercy bless there hearts