Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
HornSports Staff

2015 Recruiting Thread

There are other folks besides Higs who are not high on JPU

But you have to admit he does at least meet the eye test

This is JPU (Baylor) and  Zach Shackelford (KSU) who Maddox both met with tonight

CWKGrCjUYAAcIMc.jpg

S/nickel Cuffee says he will be back Jan 16, once live period starts.

He said his favorite part of his visit was talking with Strong.

Said Texas and aggy are his leaders.

Also said  he may push announcement back to NSD.

Still plans on taking other visits to South Carolina and the other ut

D’Andre Christmas Giles did make it, got in late.  LSU supposedly called him while he was already on the road, made the offer and "told him to turn the car around come back pull the trigger and end it" (sound like they skerred of us now?).  Anyways, he did not.  Supposedly getting a ton of attention from Haley and Strong.  LSU is the fav but Strong still gets an in-home with he and family (who are with him in Austin)

He clearly likes us better than the other ut (says we are now #1) but there may be other issues here that could send him to LSU anyway

Same old stuff we been dealing with for long time

Ferguson will have at most two years to play two. Shouldn't have any bearing on either of those guys as they both should get RS'd.

Said in-home went great, and he thinks be great fit under Gilbert.

No offer extended, but he thinks one could be soon.  They are due to talk again tomorrow.

He is an EE so will be a quick decision.

7_492250.jpg

Higs says Reese likes Randy Shannon alot, so Gator is the leader in the clubhouse.  However, Strong's in home made a big impression. 

Reese is supposed to announce next week. Higs thinks that, if he does, it favors Gator.  But, if the decision is pushed back, it favors us

He say, either way, we are in it with him.  The sit down today will be big.  Other recruiter gurus like our chances with him better than Higs does

Reese had his in-home tonight with Randy Shannon

CWJ6ISLVAAAA70R.jpg

Hey fellas, DieHard UT fan here and HUGE Charlie Strong fan, I am currently in College and I aspire to be a Division one football coach someday so this stuff fascinates me. I think the addition of Gilbert to our staff will pay huge dividends on the recruiting trail and on the field , if our offense was even a little more competent as they were this past season we are looking at 8 wins. I think that this class will be crucial to Strong's tenure here and if we can even match(or surpass) our class from this previous year, then we will be really really good. Im glad i found this website and i should be pretty active

#HookEm

Hey fellas, DieHard UT fan here and HUGE Charlie Strong fan, I am currently in College and I aspire to be a Division one football coach someday so this stuff fascinates me. I think the addition of Gilbert to our staff will pay huge dividends on the recruiting trail and on the field , if our offense was even a little more competent as they were this past season we are looking at 8 wins. I think that this class will be crucial to Strong's tenure here and if we can even match(or surpass) our class from this previous year, then we will be really really good. Im glad i found this website and i should be pretty active

#HookEm

I'm right there with you brother.

#HookEm

#HookEm

Welcome aboard.

Said in-home went great, and he thinks be great fit under Gilbert.

No offer extended, but he thinks one could be soon. They are due to talk again tomorrow.

He is an EE so will be a quick decision.

7_492250.jpg

Riley Ferguson's HUDL for anyone who would like to view it.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/911011/highlights/292918378/v2

Obviously you can have a discussion about the level of competition. But the kid would be starting for Tennessee had he stayed. It would be difficult to say that he won't come in and take the job immediately from Heard and Swoopes.

One of 247's national writers -- Steve Wiltfong -- now thinks Michigan and LSU lead for Delance

Delance is supposed to announce at the UA game on Jan 2

FWIW: I still think he commits to Texas. Then again, I'm not a national writer.

Riley Ferguson's HUDL for anyone who would like to view it.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/911011/highlights/292918378/v2

Obviously you can have a discussion about the level of competition. But the kid would be starting for Tennessee had he stayed. It would be difficult to say that he won't come in and take the job immediately from Heard and Swoopes.

Well, damn.

My ad blocker won't let me watch HUDL links. Does anybody know how to correct this problem?