• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Thread

HornSports Staff

Juan, you may wanna bring some BBQ with you to nsd lol

Do you like Gatlin's?

Thet have some of the best brisket going

All the other stuff (IMO) is just kind of average for a Texas BBQ joint, but the brisket is melt in your mouth good

hou_food_20130117_greggatlinsmoker_maiph

A couple Okafor quotes --

“He was just telling my parents how they’re going to develop me.  He told them how much they need me and how they’re going to do their best to make me a better football player just as much as a better man."

On Mattox  -- “It seems like every time I’ve talked to him I’m laughing at something – making jokes and what not. I’ve had coaches like him. He’s going to get everything settled with me. He likes my technique, but I’ll definitely need some work on it.â€

“I see nothing but greatness.  We’re getting a lot of big names.  Chris Daniels, a really big defensive tackle, is committed to OU but [now] says ‘I don’t know’ because he really enjoyed the visit.  Lil’Jordan Humphrey is a really tall running back that could help us out.  He liked it too so he might come here.â€

Roach --

" ..... has known Texas defensive line coach Brick Haley for years, and the two have been building a solid relationship dating back to Haley’s tenure at LSU. “Me and Coach Haley have been cool for a real long time.  Coach is almost just like a second dad to me, I’ve been knowing him that long.  I feel like I’ll have a great time playing for Coach Haley and Coach BJ (Brian Jean-Mary) and have a great time playing at Texas.â€

“We got a lot of good news while we were there this weekend.  I feel like we’re about to have a lot of surprises for some folks around here, I can’t speak on it too much, but I feel like the program is going up because we’re about to add a great class of some of the best players in the country.â€

“I’ve been knowing Stephon (Taylor) for a long while.  We met years ago on the camp circuit, and we’ve always kind of kept in touch. He’s a real cool dude, and he said he liked his visit a lot.  I was just trying to recruit him hard, because we could use him badly.  He could come straight in and help us out a lot, and I hope I did a good job on him.â€

Can watch low-3-star Shackelford go one on one with high-4-star Kendell Jones here.

The Shack Attack handles him

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2161768/highlights/295026548/v2

I like a quote from his HS coach which basically said that Shack needed to be restrained more than prodded in regards to playing hard.

Per Andrew King from Braniacs: Deontay Anderson told the players that Oxford has nothing on Austin and that he is a solid 80/20 Texas as of now. He has a few more visits left

I went to Oxford once and it was pretty fun.

But Austin it is not

I like a quote from his HS coach which basically said that Shack needed to be restrained more than prodded in regards to playing hard.

One other thing about that video that was funny is how easy it is to spot Jones

He is gigantic

He looks like he could eat my house

(yet Shack did great one-on-one with him)