Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Letter from Interim AD Mike Perri

I came to The University of Texas in 1964 on a recruiting trip for the Texas Football team, which was then under legendary coach Darrell K Royal. As I watched Coach Royal’s team practice that day in Gregory Gym, I could feel the electricity from the players and coaches. It’s a feeling I’ve never forgotten, and I doubt I ever will. The teamwork, enthusiasm, pride, integrity and dedication that extends across the Forty Acres have kept my wife and me involved with The University of Texas long after we were students. It is with great joy that I now return to serve as the Interim Texas Men’s Athletics Director.

Times are changing for college athletics. I will work to keep up with these changes while being true to our great traditions and serving our student-athletes.

I have met with our coaches and staff, and I stand firmly behind them. We are all dedicated to maintaining the integrity of this university. I am so excited to meet with our student-athletes and work with them. There is no finer opportunity for them than to be at The University of Texas and to learn from engaged faculty, coaches and support staff. My experience as a student-athlete has stayed with me throughout. I hope to utilize that perspective during my time here.

Now, I ask you all to support our student-athletes by attending our events. It is so important for our student-athletes to have a full house when they play. A large crowd produces an infectious energy that motivates our student-athletes and coaches to perform at the highest level. I hope to see many of you Saturday at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium when our Texas Football team takes on Oklahoma State. And if you see me, I encourage you to say hi and introduce yourself.

The seriousness of the job I’ve been asked to do is very important to me. In the coming months, I am excited to deepen many of my relationships and forge new ones. Let’s continue to work together and make Texas Athletics great.

Hook 'em, Horns!

Mike Perrin
Interim Texas Men's Athletics Director