Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New AD leaders....

Tom Jurich from Louisville and Oliver Luck are the hot names for the job.  Personally I think Chris Del Conte at TCU is a guy that could creep in and become a contender to assume the job.  Del Conte was in the mix prior to Patterson being hired.

When I heard we weren't bringing in Oliver last year, I assumed it was because we decided on Del Conte. It wasn't until later that I realized it was Patterson. I'm with you on your thoughts on Del Conte. He most certainly wouldn't be a bad fit. You can't fault the growth that TCU has seen under his rein. 

With that said, TCU fans are already in a panic that he could bolt for Texas and he's been "easing" their concern on Twitter. 

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

When I heard we weren't bringing in Oliver last year, I assumed it was because we decided on Del Conte. It wasn't until later that I realized it was Patterson. I'm with you on your thoughts on Del Conte. He most certainly wouldn't be a bad fit. You can't fault the growth that TCU has seen under his rein. 

With that said, TCU fans are already in a panic that he could bolt for Texas and he's been "easing" their concern on Twitter. 

That's nice and all until Texas throws a bunch of money in his face. 

That's nice and all until Texas throws a bunch of money in his face. 

Yeah, I emphasize the word easing there. Do I think Chris loves his job at TCU? Absolutely. Do I think he's been grateful for his time there? Sure. Do I think he ignores a call from Texas about the position? Not a chance.

I mean....MB steps foot on the campus probably at least once a month in his current role.

I just puked when I read that, Get a cop and show MB the front door that leads down a road so he will never come back to The University Of Texas are Texas period. Like the mob say he is dead to me. My friends y'all have a blessed weekend. Hook'Em

I don't get the Mack vitriol. Yes he stayed too long and wasn't easily willing to give up a glamorous $5mm/year job. That hardly makes him unique.

He did more good than bad by a good margin. That being said, he'd be fine in a fundraiser capacity but NOT as an AD.

Because he became a lazy entitled coach who cared more about himself than the program. Which we are still paying for today. Other than that he's still good ole Mack.