Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CS Meeting With Coaches Today (Personnel Changes)

BevoBlake

There was a lot of dancing around questions. I'm not too happy about that. But I did get the sense that closed door conversations have happened at least at the HC level. Which means if things don't get better and quick, those conversations will rapidly begin to trickle down to the rest of the staff. I also like that while Swoopes is currently considered the QB, there will be a competition this week. 

There was a lot of dancing around questions. I'm not too happy about that. But I did get the sense that closed door conversations have happened at least at the HC level. Which means if things don't get better and quick, those conversations will rapidly begin to trickle down to the rest of the staff. I also like that while Swoopes is currently considered the QB, there will be a competition this week.

Strong did say he hasn't talked to his coaches yet so maybe that's why he danced.

I did hear him mention the offensive didn't change from last year so that's a direct statement on Watson. I think more telling is what he didn't say sometimes when asked about Watson.

Oh I'm sure his phone was ringing either Saturday night or early Sunday and it was from a number he could not ignore.

Im confused.  How long is this evaluation process?  Um, the last 2 games rank as the worst game performances in the last 15 years from a 1st down perspective.  This coaching staff is confusing its like they see something different than what is being displayed on the field.  Watson wont get it done and he is LOYAL to Swoopes.

I guess we took away different views.  To me it was more of the same crap we heard last year.  Ill bet Swoopes starts just so he can beat up on Rice and everything will be back to dandy in longhorn nation again.  The Iowa State game comes to mind.

Our new competition level is now Iowa State and Rice.

Swoopes faces the media

update - LHN cut if off.  Out of kindness I suppose

I love Ty as a young man and truly hope he is successful in life but I think right now Texas needs a quarterback with a little bit more energy and enthusiasm. He just doesn't convey a whole lot of confidence.

I just dont get this undying loyalty to Swoopes... It appears that everybody is ok going down with the ship. Swoopes was the worst QB that I watched on Saturday, pure and simple. If being a smart good kid equaled TD's Swoopes would be a Heisman finalist, but they don't. 

A lot of people have very high expectations for Heard that are not yet borne out by his performance. Don't think for a minute that if Heard could outperform Swoopes he would not be playing.

The bottom line is that we do not have a quarterback that is very good. We will have to live with it until we can develop another one.

A lot of people have very high expectations for Heard that are not yet borne out by his performance. Don't think for a minute that if Heard could outperform Swoopes he would not be playing.

The bottom line is that we do not have a quarterback that is very good. We will have to live with it until we can develop another one.

Im not so sure Cherry.  I would like to think that is the case.  Watson has been proven to be very fond of Swoopes just hearing the interviews.  I believe he even said hes like a son to me.  The reporter did ask CS if Watson's judgement to play Swoopes was being clouded by his feelings for Swoopes.