Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What does a good week look like?

1. Change In Offensive Coaching

Small Victory: Texas announces that Watson will no longer be involved in offensive play-calling.

Real Victory: Watson is no longer on the staff.

2. Change in Quarterback

Small Victory: Swoopes and Heard continue to split snaps but unlike last week, Heard will take more snaps than Swoopes this week.

Real Victory: Heard announced the Starter against Rice. Swoopes will be his back-up.

3. Change in Defensive Backfield

Small Victory: Texas rolls out the freshman more often than against Notre Dame.

Real Victory: Kris Boyd named a starter.

4. Offensive Playstyle Transition

Small Victory: Texas gears more towards the run.

Real Victory: Texas gears more towards the run whilst also transitioning closer to a spread offense.

5. Jonathan Gray:

Small Victory: Gray gets more touches than we attempt passes.

Real Victory: Gray is entrusted with the bulk of our offense while transitioning to a new offense.

6. Offensive Line Adjustments

Small Victory: Flowers is benched while we work our other lineman out.

Real Victory: Texas moves Vahe under center and allows the guards to build around him.

7. 2016 Targets

Small Victory: A few Texas targets voice their still interested in the program despite our ND performance.

Real Victory: A few Texas targets voice heightened interest in helping the Texas freshman build something special despite our ND performance.

I'm sure there is far more to cover. What in your mind makes a good week for us as we enter week 2?

I think you're pretty much on target. I'll add one more. 

Small Victory: Coaching staff considers doing one of the above. 

Real Victory: Coaching staff actually does one of the above. 

But at this point, I don't have a lot of confidence in this coaching staff. I would be shocked if they did just one of these things and I would fall out of my chair if they did more than one.

And btw, I don't know how many times I saw Flowers just standing around during a play last night. 

I think you're pretty much on target. I'll add one more. 

Small Victory: Coaching staff considers doing one of the above. 

Real Victory: Coaching staff actually does one of the above. 

But at this point, I don't have a lot of confidence in this coaching staff. I would be shocked if they did just one of these things and I would fall out of my chair if they did more than one.

And btw, I don't know how many times I saw Flowers just standing around during a play last night. 

That was actually the most frustrating part of the offense for me last night. Sure, Swoopes was terrible. But his play last night had nothing to do with effort, he simply isn't suited for this level. Flowers was just...lazy.

That was actually the most frustrating part of the offense for me last night. Sure, Swoopes was terrible. But his play last night had nothing to do with effort, he simply isn't suited for this level. Flowers was just...lazy.

Don't know if Flowers was being lazy or just doesn't have the talent, but he had his ass handed to him much of the time. Williams did OK, but has to learn how to deal with stunts. That will come.

It would be a home run if all that was proposed occurs, but don't anyone hold their breath until it happens.