Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Matt Cotcher

If the over/under win total for Texas is 8 games....

My guess last year was 6 wins and I was mocked as a troll on this board. My guess again this year is 6 wins. Shawn Watson simply does not have the ability to scheme against legitimate P5 programs. He doesn't have it. Until Charlie Strong is willing to fire him (hopefully midseason) the program is either going to suffer or have to replace the head coach. When Strong was hired, we were told he had an open checkbook to bring in the best coordinators he could find. Well, get ready for season two under Shawn Watson and tell me as we go along what the weakness of the team is.

Shawn Watson doesn't deserve to be the OC at Texas when the team takes the field against Notre Dame.

RD, this was your response to someone who asked you how much you bet on the under. And, to the amazement of all of us no one on this board, your response had absolutely nothing to do with the direct question you were asked. 

My guess last year was 6 wins and I was mocked as a troll on this board. My guess again this year is 6 wins. Shawn Watson simply does not have the ability to scheme against legitimate P5 programs. He doesn't have it. Until Charlie Strong is willing to fire him (hopefully midseason) the program is either going to suffer or have to replace the head coach. When Strong was hired, we were told he had an open checkbook to bring in the best coordinators he could find. Well, get ready for season two under Shawn Watson and tell me as we go along what the weakness of the team is.

Shawn Watson doesn't deserve to be the OC at Texas when the team takes the field against Notre Dame.

Good grief thats harsh on someone thats only been on the job one year and could only work with what he had. I'm curious who you think the top offensive coordinator is in the world and how or what you think they would have done in this same situation?

I'm not a Shawn Watson supportor but i think it's pretty harsh to say that about him in this situation, it would be like hiring Jimmy Johnson as your driver and throwing him the keys to the latest ZR1 corvette and saying now go win the race in a real NASCAR race cuz the previous regime thought we could win with this car and oh by the way, we aren't giving you a different car until after the season is over. It wouldn't matter how good Jimmy is, he isn't going to ever win that race until he gets an updated race car. Now talk to me at the end of 2016 and i might agree with you........... or disagree lol

and to stick with the OP question, i think under, i agree with a previous poster, we are more likely to win 7 then 9 but i don't view that as a set back, i think we need another year to upgrade our race car.....errrr team. :) 2016 is the year guys for substantial improvement.

....are you taking the over or under? Tell us why...

"Push" is not a valid answer here! (My question = my rules!)

If I'm current on my monthly subscription do I still have to play by your rules? 

While I'm waiting for an answer, I'm going to take the under. Even though my answer is really "push" :)  

Just read this about the Teams locker room

"

There was a big sign as you first walk in to the locker room that had a quote from the Arkansas Head Coach regarding the win vs Texas in the bowl game. It was'nt the "erotic" quote but something else more along the lines of "Beating the daylights out of Texas" and what it did for the Arkansas program and how their hard work paid off.

The sign was about 3' tall by 2' wide, framed, and was something you might see made by GSDM. Well one day during camp about a week and a half ago a player punched the sign so hard it pretty much exploded and the hole in the wall behind it was big enough to stick your head thru.

I saw the damage but mum was the word on who did it."

Just read this about the Teams locker room

"

There was a big sign as you first walk in to the locker room that had a quote from the Arkansas Head Coach regarding the win vs Texas in the bowl game. It was'nt the "erotic" quote but something else more along the lines of "Beating the daylights out of Texas" and what it did for the Arkansas program and how their hard work paid off.

The sign was about 3' tall by 2' wide, framed, and was something you might see made by GSDM. Well one day during camp about a week and a half ago a player punched the sign so hard it pretty much exploded and the hole in the wall behind it was big enough to stick your head thru.

I saw the damage but mum was the word on who did it."

Hopefully they keep it hung up with the hole in it. That's the type of attitude Texas needs to have on the field this year.

Under, this year is about showing fight and playing with heart every game which has been missing for several seasons. 7 wins seems the right number. 2016 is when the turn around really shows in winning games.hopefully i`m wrong and QB play and an improved o-line allow Texas skill players to shine.the defense will have some growing pains but should be more than solid will really help if offense can keep games close by actually scoring.special teams need big plays from return guys.

I know it's only Strong's 2nd year and Mack left him with pretty much zip but I will have a hard time accepting anything less than 9 wins, that means 3 losses that should be an unacceptable standard for The University.

Mack Brown has conditioned UT fans to accept low expetations, Charlie Strong needs to bitchslap that mackdaddy standard this year and never look back.  Hook Em!

At 8 I"m not betting. . . as I see us winning 8-9 this year. . .depending on how we do vs our +/- 6 point or less games

If Vegas is at 6, they are going to lose some money on the over.

Vegas ain't in the business of losing money. The line is what it is - just balancing bets on each side.

But you knew that already.

Well...After WV Wilkerson said the new offense it's basically last year's playbook at a faster pace. I'm 2nd guessing my "Over" . 😒

Insert better OL and maybe last season's offense is much better. Hopefully if it is the same offense our supposedly improved OL will lead to better play. Fingers crossed my friend.

Insert better OL and maybe last season's offense is much better. Hopefully if it is the same offense our supposedly improved OL will lead to better play. Fingers crossed my friend.

Early projections have two true freshmen starting on the OL. Williams and Vahe. Here's hoping they can

cut it on the college level, we need them to succeed to win this year. Two true freshmen starting is proof

of how bad our OL was last year.

RD, this was your response to someone who asked you how much you bet on the under. And, to the amazement of all of us no one on this board, your response had absolutely nothing to do with the direct question you were asked.

The actual betting line is 6, not the 8 that is imagined in the original post. My bet is the team goes 6-6 this season (regular season wins being the substance of the Vegas line). I made it clear that if someone wants to make an o/u of 8 I will take the under.

My direct answer to the direct question is I'm not betting a 6 win o/u but I will bet an 8 o/u if someone wants to take the bet and escrow the funds. Anyone who wants to bet the Horns offense under Shawn Watson will pull out 9 wins this season needs to part with his money up front. Im not taking any 9+ bets on credit.

The actual betting line is 6, not the 8 that is imagined in the original post. My bet is the team goes 6-6 this season (regular season wins being the substance of the Vegas line). I made it clear that if someone wants to make an o/u of 8 I will take the under.

My direct answer to the direct question is I'm not betting a 6 win o/u but I will bet an 8 o/u if someone wants to take the bet and escrow the funds. Anyone who wants to bet the Horns offense under Shawn Watson will pull out 9 wins this season needs to part with his money up front. Im not taking any 9+ bets on credit.

I have us at 6-6 and 8-4 at best.  I hope I'm horribly wrong and we win at least 9. 

I have us at 6-6 and 8-4 at best. I hope I'm horribly wrong and we win at least 9.

SFLG,

Last year you and I were among the dreamer's predicting a 10 win season. A dose of reality tastes bad, but I'm still going with eight and four and a bowl win.

( Over Arkansas I wish). Eternal optimist.

Good for you fish.

Why don't some of y'all get it?  Why would you ever pick your team to lose?  

How many of you picked Texas to lose to Nebraska in the first Showdown between the two in St. Louis?  Sure glad James Brown, Derek Lewis, and the rest of the guys on the team didn't.

Now quit being silly.

Texas!

we've had 3 seasons (63,69,2005) finish without a loss in the modern era. The smart money would be predicting at least one loss every year wouldn't it?

I'll buy that STP. Who's our only loss going to be to? Texas Tech on the last play of the game? Nooooo!!!

but, street, doesn't it make the roll that much better?

______________________________________________

Vince and the boys would second that...think about Stillwater OK, 2005.  Ouch!  That was a disaster until Superman flew in with his burnt orange cape and saved the good guys.  The friend I was watching the game with bailed at halftime, saying it was over (fair-weather fan).

When he got home from the golf range, I was basking in the glory of a hard-fought victory.  We went to dinner at a nice restaurant - my choice - he had, after all abandoned my horns when they were down, and he had a lot to make up for.

Hook 'em!