Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JimsTexas Update-prayers

joeywa

Received an email from @JimsTexas just a bit ago.  I had lunch with he and his wife in Houston last Sunday, and we discussed some of this.  I haven't posted much, since he wasn't certain of the results as of yet.

Here's his email, (and he sent me another email and told me I could share on the boards, otherwise I wouldn't post it.) 

I have edited nothing, this is as it came across:

Ok my friends I have cancer in my throat. They will start radiation treatments to keep it from spreading into the linode glands. This is a very aggressive Cancer and it will spread if not treated. I will have 1 treatment everyday for six weeks and then the Dr will keep tabs on me for 3 years. I will tell y'all what I told the Dr Cancer is not a death sentience and I will fight this for how ever long it takes. I still plan to be around for my family, friends and to see my Longhorns win another MNC. My good Friends y'all have a blessed week

Say a prayer for Jim and his family.  He's a tough old cuss, and won't go down without a fight. Thanks in advance. 

Hook 'Em Jim!
Received an email from @JimsTexas just a bit ago.  I had lunch with he and his wife in Houston last Sunday, and we discussed some of this.  I haven't posted much, since he wasn't certain of the results as of yet.

Here's his email, (and he sent me another email and told me I could share on the boards, otherwise I wouldn't post it.) 

Ok my friends I have cancer in my throat. They will start radiation treatments to keep it from spreading into the linode glands. This is a very aggressive Cancer and it will spread if not treated. I will have 1 treatment everyday for six weeks and then the Dr will keep tabs on me for 3 years. I will tell y'all what I told the Dr Cancer is not a death sentience and I will fight this for how ever long it takes. I still plan to be around for my family, friends and to see my Longhorns win another MNC. My good Friends y'all have a blessed week

Say a prayer for Jim and his family.  He's a tough old cuss, and won't go down without a fight. Thanks in advance. 

Hook 'Em Jim!

Received an email from JimsTexas just a bit ago. I had lunch with he and his wife in Houston last Sunday, and we discussed some of this. I haven't posted much, since he wasn't certain of the results as of yet.

Say a prayer for Jim and his family. He's a tough old cuss, and won't go down without a fight. Thanks in advance.

Hook 'Em Jim!

I have known Jim for several years. First as a poster, and then at a Spring Game a few years back, several of us got together at Disch for a baseball game, then wandered over to DKR for the football game. We sit down in the stadium, and start talking. A gentleman in front of us turns around and says, "Are y'all on that Orangebloods website?" It was Jim. And he is as big of a personality in person as he is here on the boards. Talks just like he types, is not afraid to tell you about what a great fisherman he is, and loves everything burnt orange.

I met up with him in Alaska that next summer, and took he and his wife some brisket I'd brought up. The brisket endeared me to his wife, since they had been on the road for months traveling around the country, and she hadn't had any brisket in months. They are both wonderful people.

When we met for lunch on Sunday, he was wearing a Colt McCoy Texas jersey and a burnt orange Texas cap. (I expected nothing less from him.)

Just a great man.

Another quick story:

We were having some fun with 'ol Jim back when he was up here in the PacNW on his fishing excursion. He made a trip out to see Principal in far NE Washington for a spell as well, and garnered more interesting stories. His stories were akin to the old Tex O'Reilly comic character Pecos Bill. Tall tales, we called them.

Getting creative, I decided to take liberty and do up this. Jim loved it. Not sure if he still has it, but I may just email it to him tonight for old-time's sake.

PecosJimsTexas2.jpg

Heard from Jim today. He had a doc's visit on Friday. Here's the update:

"About like I thought I have to take this seriously. They will start maping my throat next Friday I say lets get it on. I have not been to OB yet my computer is down. Please let them know I will post over there when my computer is fixed. This is Deb's computer and I don't get around in hers like mine. My good friend y'all have a blessed week"

Sounds like Jim is ready to kick this disease right in the teeth. Love the fire. Keep him in your prayers folks.  Thanks!

EDIT: What the heck happened there?  Triple post in the same post?  I think I got Jim's computer here!