Sign in to follow this  
Juan

OL Terrell Cuney cited for Class B misdemeanor, released without booking

--link above --

"Texas Longhorns redshirt freshman linemen Terrell Cuney was arrested early Wednesday morning for shoplifting, Horns247 has learned.  Cuney, who is a reserve center, is from Jasper and signed with the Longhorns as a part of the 2014 class. He is expected to be a reserve lineman for Texas this season....."

Doesn't matter if Wick likes him or not...Core value #4 says..."See ya later, and don't let the door hit you on the way out to OU or SEC country".....If Charlie is going to take the high road he MUST stand by his core values. It damages his whole program if he lets this kid stay. if you are going to run a tight ship, you must draw that line and NEVER erase it. No one person is above the character of the PROGRAM. There are things within the program that fall under the core values as minor issues that you can give second and even third chances for, but when you violate one of the BIG FIVE....You have to be history.

Darn shame since its an OL and we are hurting there, but you have to do what you have to do if you want to build a champion with character as Charlie professes he wants at Texas.

Good luck kid, and get your act together at A&M, SFA, etc...

I may be wrong but doesn't Strong give the kids a chance to right the ship unless it's a huge mistake?

In no way am I saying what he did is right, stealing is stealing. If he is guilty and stays I'm sure he will come to know Pat Moorer better than he ever wanted to.

Shoplifting is stealing. It is a HUGE mistake.  Read the list of FIVE core values.

I also hear Johnson the JUCO WR is not coming. Didn't qualify.

The 2015 recruiting class is dwindling, and Clarington hasn't qualified yet.....Now that will be a blow if he doesn't make it in.

Wonder what ranking we have now ? This is probably why Charlie signed more than 25 guys. He knew some would probably not make it in...gambled on them...Which isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it can turn out good.

As long as Heard turns the corner we will be ok....

Shoplifting is stealing. It is a HUGE mistake.  Read the list of FIVE core values.

I also hear Johnson the JUCO WR is not coming. Didn't qualify.

The 2015 recruiting class is dwindling, and Clarington hasn't qualified yet.....Now that will be a blow if he doesn't make it in.

Wonder what ranking we have now ? This is probably why Charlie signed more than 25 guys. He knew some would probably not make it in...gambled on them...Which isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it can turn out good.

As long as Heard turns the corner we will be ok....

#3 on that list is 'No Drugs' and we know that a single positive drug test isn't enough to get you kicked off of the team.  If the kid has had no other issues, and was a model student/athlete at all other times, I'd be shocked if Strong kicked him off of the team for this first offense.  Strong has said repeatedly that he believes in giving second chances (and there are plenty of examples from his time in Louisville).   I don't believe Strong would write off a kid for a single mistake.

#3 on that list is 'No Drugs' and we know that a single positive drug test isn't enough to get you kicked off of the team.  If the kid has had no other issues, and was a model student/athlete at all other times, I'd be shocked if Strong kicked him off of the team for this first offense.  Strong has said repeatedly that he believes in giving second chances (and there are plenty of examples from his time in Louisville).   I don't believe Strong would write off a kid for a single mistake.

Agree, except when it comes to hitting a women.

Not on the same level as stealing or "forgetting" to pay for something but once in my jr year in high school..me and a few guys on the team skipped the 2nd half of 2 a days to go to a Def Leppard concert. The next day we show up wearing concert shirts with ROCK! ROCK! TILL YOU DROP! on the back. Needless to say coach was pretty p.o. All I can remember that day was coach yelling RUN! RUN! TILL YOU DROP!! followed by PUKE!PUKE! TILL YOU DROP! lol...Cuney will get his too and the others will learn from such a dumb mistake.

Not on the same level as stealing or "forgetting" to pay for something but once in my jr year in high school..me and a few guys on the team skipped the 2nd half of 2 a days to go to a Def Leppard concert. The next day we show up wearing concert shirts with ROCK! ROCK! TILL YOU DROP! on the back. Needless to say coach was pretty p.o. All I can remember that day was coach yelling RUN! RUN! TILL YOU DROP!! followed by PUKE!PUKE! TILL YOU DROP! lol...Cuney will get his too and the others will learn from such a dumb mistake.

Was this your coach?

HKtQGF9.gif