• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Opener at Notre Dame

Sirhornsalot

Predicted score?

First offensive play?

First score?

Texas 24, Notre Dame 21 – Coaching matters and this game will show that coaching has brought Texas farther than we thought. Offense shows promise but its a defensive turnover/touchdown that brings it home.

Offensive play – would be easy to predict a running play, but I'm going out on a limb and say we start with a passing play to the TE. No one sees that coming. lol

First score – Jonathan Gray breaks one in the second quarter.

Football is in the air my bruthas and sistas!

Predicted score?

First offensive play?

First score?

Texas 24, Notre Dame 21 – Coaching matters and this game will show that coaching has brought Texas farther than we thought. Offense shows promise but its a defensive turnover/touchdown that brings it home.

Offensive play – would be easy to predict a running play, but I'm going out on a limb and say we start with a passing play to the TE. No one sees that coming. lol

First score – Jonathan Gray breaks one in the second quarter.

Football is in the air my bruthas and sistas!

explain this 'passing play to TE' you speak of. Not familiar.

• Administrators

What a game to start the season for the 'Horns. A few stats to get you primed:

• Texas and Notre Dame are two of the top three winningest programs in the history of college football.
  • The Irish beat LSU 31-28 in the Music Bowl last season.
  • Notre Dame leads Texas all-time in games played with 8 wins and 2 losses.
  • The last time the two teams played was in Austin in 1996 (ND won 27-24).

I'll reserve my prediction until a tad closer to the game but Notre Dame has all the wheels in motion for a highly successful season. Malik Zaire is the unquestioned starter, since Everett Golson has transferred to Florida State. I think Notre Dame is a legit Top-10 preseason team because of the experience they bring back on both sides of the ball.

The last time I was in South Bend was 1995 with a handful of roommates from Texas. The Irish won that contest handily but it was the most memorable game I have ever attended. If you guys have an opportunity to make the trip, do it.

What I remember most about the trip:

• Buying a keg at a local liquor store. Never got the 50 buck deposit back because the empty keg was stolen from a parking lot.
  • Senior Bar: bartender gave APS (anonymous name initials to protect the innocent) and I a 6 pack of Lone Star and told us "welcome to South Bend."
  • The Linebacker bar on gameday
  • Went to The Grotto (an experience like no other)
  • Another roomate slept in the back of a stranger's Ford Aerostar parked in their driveway (miles away from where we were staying).
  • ND stadium fans were classy and knowledgeable.

I'll play.

Predicted score? Notre Dame 27, Texas 16. Our offensive line will be significantly improved from last season, but we won't know it after this one. It's not just Swoopes and Heard who will be trying to get comfortable splitting reps; the coaches will also need time to figure out how much slack to give each QB and the like. Notre Dame's offensive line is going to be one of the best, if not the best, we see this season. It'll be something like 13-7 at the half before they pull away.

First offensive play? Quick screen to Armanti Foreman off inside zone read. 

First score? Notre Dame field goal after a third-down incompletion in the red zone. First touchdown? Zaire on a QB sneak.