Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Preseason content

• Administrators

The season opener is only a month away....finally!

Magnificent Mother Nature, Aggy, and A Funny World helped us get through the desert, but it's time to move forward. Assuming you don't want to argue about Steve Patterson for the next month, our question is what do you want to read and discuss?

We don't mind if free content from other sites is posted, but we want you to value the content being produced on HornSports as well. We'll talk in-season content in a few weeks - let's keep this focused on what you want to read in the month leading up to the season.

Another way to approach the discussion is to provide feedback on what's been written. Just in the last few weeks....

• Coleman Feeley is writing about this season's opponents. Specifically their OL & DL play and how they measure up against Texas. If you missed any of them:

Notre Dame

Rice & Cal

Oklahoma State & TCU

Next in the series will be published this week...

• Chris Flanagan is ranking the ten teams in the Big 12 based on their anticipated finish. Next up is #6...

10. Kansas

9. Texas Tech

8. Iowa State

7. Kansas State

• Wall-to-wall coverage of Big 12 media days.

Contributors are working hard to add value to your experience here. But they want and need their work to be discussed, and lately what's being published isn't getting traction on the board. So the floor is open for discussion - let's talk preseason content....

I think the content here is fine. Personally I don't care to follow recruiting so I rarely read those pieces (here or anywhere) and almost never comment. Re the other stuff not gaining traction I'd say 1) it's the dog days of summer 2) there's more anxiety and uncertainty about the 2015 Horns than there is buzz or excitement. living in 'others receiving votes' following a losing season tends to suck the life out of a room.

Fellows, right now due to some personal 'stuff' that's happening, I'm not commenting on much of anything that requires deep thought. That probably won't be changing for a while. It's not a criticism, but reality.

Keep up the good work. Later.

D

Fellows, right now due to some personal 'stuff' that's happening, I'm not commenting on much of anything that requires deep thought. That probably won't be changing for a while. It's not a criticism, but reality.

Keep up the good work. Later.

D

I hope things turn out positively for you. Keep in touch.

I think the content thus far has been great. Despite being in the football desert, HS staff has been busy keeping us all sane.

My recommendation would be – keep producing the content you're already doing, find ways to make it better, add something unique from time to time or something fun and engaging. While I liked the staff as it was, Mike Roach has been an excellent addition.

I suspect that traffic will be picking up again soon. It will be good to see some familiar faces, so to speak, around here again.

Apparently my email address is well circulated as I get a lot of questions from the landscape thread emailed to me instead of posted on the thread. I don't mind answering emails at all but questions that one guy poses might be the same that someone else would want to pose as well, so I'm answering several people's question at the same time if it's posted in the thread.

I almost posted this thought when Coleman issued his 1st "Opponents" thread.

Coleman is so good at line explanations, but I would prefer he issue the next opponent analysis the Monday before we play them. Sure, write them all now; but line strengths/weaknesses are going to change as the season progresses and his pieces can be updated. IMO this would give a better take on the next game and provide for better thread discussions.

And while he's at it, Coleman can detail my car, mow my lawn, redecora.......

Bear, when you see their name, skip it. I used to try. It's more difficult, but try it. In the meantime, if you are near a library, etc., sign in, set your 'ignore' preferences, and sign off.

Duke, thanks. Everything will work out. Just taking most of my time and energy at the moment.

Bear, when you see their name, skip it. I used to try. It's more difficult, but try it. In the meantime, if you are near a library, etc., sign in, set your 'ignore' preferences, and sign off.

Duke, thanks. Everything will work out. Just taking most of my time and energy at the moment.

Oh, Texas 31

OU. 17

• Administrators

Coleman is so good at line explanations, but I would prefer he issue the next opponent analysis the Monday before we play them. Sure, write them all now; but line strengths/weaknesses are going to change as the season progresses and his pieces can be updated. IMO this would give a better take on the next game and provide for better thread discussions.

The detailed info in Coleman's previews will definitely be used again during game week for each opponent. Good input!

I am the most curious about certain individuals l like - Catalon, Daje, McNeal, Warren, Malik, Elliott, PJ, Green Mile, Freeman, Leonard, Joe. And Strong's first true freshmen class generally  -- Kirk Johnson, Vahe, Burt, Chas O., Hill, Davis, Wheeler, Cherry, Boyd, Newsome.

Position-wise, the OL and QB would seem to hold the keys to the car