Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RECRUITING UPDATE: Robbie Rhodes commits to Baylor

bbdude

• Administrators

Wide Receiver Robbie Rhodes (Fort Worth Southwest High School) was offered by Texas a month ago and Baylor received exciting news today that Rhodes would play college ball in Waco. The commitment to Baylor stings the Longhorns who needed him, especially with the recent decision of Ricky Seals-Jones to decommit. I sent Rhodes a text message this past week asking for an interview but received no response. guess I know why! Rhodes picked up a lot of momentum lately and climbed the rankings substantially. He will be another Kendall Wright type of receiver for the Bears.

Hard to be the next Kendall Wright without the next RGIII.

Baylor got lucky on RGIII and now they think they are the toast of the conference, when in fact they are just toast.

Hope the kid nothing but the worst..

Edited by beevomav

• Administrators

Confident the Texas staff is putting the pursuit of Ra'Shaad Samples in high gear. His commitment would do more than just add a stud receiver - it would bolster the tone of the recruiting class that lost a little wind with RSJ's pullout. Let's hope things are steady from here until NSD and we avoid any more surprises.

Confident the Texas staff is putting the pursuit of Ra'Shaad Samples in high gear. His commitment would do more than just add a stud receiver - it would bolster the tone of the recruiting class that lost a little wind with RSJ's pullout. Let's hope things are steady from here until NSD and we avoid any more surprises.

Samples still has an offer, but no way Texas pulls back at all on RSJ. They'll pursue him until he re-commits or signs somewhere else. Only way Texas would pull back is if they find out some shady business/people are involved.

• Administrators
Samples still has an offer, but no way Texas pulls back at all on RSJ. They'll pursue him until he re-commits or signs somewhere else. Only way Texas would pull back is if they find out some shady business/people are involved.

I'm not saying the Horns should pull back on RSJ by any means. They need to pursue him like the Terminator does John Connor. We were going to add another wideout anyways even with RSJ and Samples would be a nice grab. I hope RSJ makes his decision fairly soon because there are things to think about with the wideout/TE positions. RSJ was a versatile guy to say the least. I still think UT takes another Tight End in the class.