Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hornsports fun for July

Beginning July 15 and running through end of day on July 31st, Green Thumb Landscaping will sponsor a contest exclusively for Hornsports.com members. A $50 VISA prepaid card will be sent to the winner.

RULES

1. You must mow your own lawn and work example presented must be your own or member of your immediate family.

2. Entry must be presented by end of day on July 31, no exceptions.

3. Contest is open to Hornsports members who have posted in the last three months. This is a reward for those who have toughed it out during the football off-season and who made baseball interesting in a down year.

OBJECTIVE – Create a "Bevo" in your lawn by mowing all space outside of the Bevo figure, leaving the Bevo logo unmowed. Take a picture of your work and email it to greenthumbtx@verizon.net with your contact information. The contest winner will be announced on Aug. 1. Three Green Thumb foremen will judge the work and name a winner.

If I don't receive a picture of your Bevo lawn, I will be disappointed . . just sayin

It's gonna be tough up here in July.  Typically, our grass lawns go into dormant time in July-August, and with the "extreme" (PacNW term,) temps, upper 90's-100's, this year has been especially dry and barren.  I am, however, maintaining my bluebonnets.  :)

It's gonna be tough up here in July.  Typically, our grass lawns go into dormant time in July-August, and with the "extreme" (PacNW term,) temps, upper 90's-100's, this year has been especially dry and barren.  I am, however, maintaining my bluebonnets.  :)

Grass goes dormant in July-August. Hummmmmm

To be quite honest, I think the bluebonnets are growing because it hasn't rained in a month and the temps have recently been in the upper 90s. 

Give them some of this, mixed with water, in a bucket. Drench the soil where the bluebonnets are with your mixture. This will get the maximum blooms from them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JDRWE0K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

51zHsJMphFL._SY355_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...