Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Juan

Notre Dame Game

It's a pretty vibrant and cultured area. I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't lived in a Blizzard yet so we'll see how I'm feeling in a couple of months. 

I haven't been there but I'll put it on the list. The relative ease and getting a 10/10 pizza up here is wonderful. With that said, I'm only three months in and I'm missing Mexican food something terrible. I've been to several places thus far but none of them can hold a candle to some of the worst places I had in Texas.

If you just come to accept that there is no Tex-Mex in Chicago and you should stop searching - things will go easier.

That said - Rick Bayless' restaurants are legit.  Wait times can be a bit ridiculous on the weekends, but totally worth it.  Especially if you can get there before the Chiles Rellenos sell out (I think they are the special on Thursdays).

My hope for an upset is they have poor QB play. Malik Zaire was  the 5th rated option QB when he came out. However, he's only thrown 35 passes on the college level. My hope is CS and VB can take advantage of that fact.

He did play a good game against LSU in their bowl game. Although it was reported that Chavis didn't put much work into the bowl game. He was working on his future aggie contract.

I

My hope for an upset is they have poor QB play. Malik Zaire was the 5th rated option QB when he came out. However, he's only thrown 35 passes on the college level. My hope is CS and VB can take advantage of that fact.

He did play a good game against LSU in their bowl game. Although it was reported that Chavis didn't put much work into the bowl game. He was working on his future aggie contract.

I

Another thing we have in our favor is the fact that we changed offensive schemes to a HUNH spread concept..ND has no film to review of our new play calling..If we can have a strong offensive performance in the 1st half and play steady defense the entire game. We definitely have a chance

That would be great television to watch how ND deals with an upset loss to Texas.

The first episode is scheduled to air Sept. 8, according to Showtime Sports. Thirty-minute episodes will air weekly at 9 p.m. Central time.

Notre Dame gets 'Hard Knocks'-style series on Showtime

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-notre-dame-football-showtime-20150811-story.html

UCLA's Josh Rosen leads 15 freshmen who could contribute immediately

Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas

True freshman

How important was Jefferson to the Longhorns’ 2015 recruiting class? Coach Charlie Strong likened the addition to Florida’s signing of Tim Tebow in ’06. Jefferson, whom Rivals.com rated the top outside linebacker in the country, enrolled early and turned heads during spring workouts. He is a modern defensive coordinator’s dream: a player who possesses both the speed to track down receivers in space and the strength to deliver punishing blows. According to The Dallas Morning News, Jefferson has put on almost 30 pounds of muscle since joining the Longhorns. Texas will need him to be ready right away, as it opens the season on Sept. 5 at Notre Dame, SI’s No. 4 team in the country.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/08/13/top-freshmen-college-football-2015-josh-rosen-byron-cowart?page=2&devicetype=default