Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Juan

Notre Dame Game

"The Irish add depth with the arrivals of incoming freshmen Dexter Williams, the No. 11 back and No. 94 overall player in his class, and Josh Adams, giving them four scholarship running backs—not counting Prosise a RB/WR". So they have four total now that Bryant is out if Prosise stays at RB. I wouldn't call that slim pickings...so again I would say not too news worthy....Williams and Adams are probably better than Bryant. 

"The Irish add depth with the arrivals of incoming freshmen Dexter Williams, the No. 11 back and No. 94 overall player in his class, and Josh Adams, giving them four scholarship running backs—not counting Prosise a RB/WR". So they have four total now that Bryant is out if Prosise stays at RB. I wouldn't call that slim pickings...so again I would say not too news worthy....Williams and Adams are probably better than Bryant. 

So they are going to be reliant on 2 true freshman if Folston goes down? This made my point. All teams have 4 or 5 RBs, it's a matter of what experience they have at RB. If Foltson goes down they have absolutely nothing in terms of experience since Bryant was suspended. 

LMAO, what are you basing Williams and Adams being better than Bryant off of? Their recruiting ranking? Greg Bryant was the #45 overall player in his recruiting class. You have no clue if Williams/Adams are better than Bryant. You just saw Williams recruiting ranking and assumed he was probably better than Bryant, when Bryant was a much more highly touted recruit. 

RBs don't need experience. Sure they may have a few issues in pass protection, but skill position players are just as dangerous as Freshmen as they are as upperclassmen..

RBs don't need experience. Sure they may have a few issues in pass protection, but skill position players are just as dangerous as Freshmen as they are as upperclassmen..

Sounds good. If we face two true freshman RBs I'll be ecstatic. I'm sure ND will also be thrilled to throw out two true FR RBs in the opening game of their collegiate career. 

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

--link in tweet ^^ --

AUSTIN — One year after failing to fill Royal-Memorial Stadium even once during a 6-7 season, Texas still is proving itself to be a huge draw away from home.

Tickets for the Longhorns’ games at Notre Dame and against Oklahoma are among the most expensive in college football on the resale market, according to figures updated this week by Vivid Seats.

To attend UT’s season opener against the Fighting Irish in South Bend, Indiana, on Sept. 5, fans are paying a median price of $789. Only Notre Dame’s game against Boston College at Fenway Park (median price of $887) is in higher demand.

As usual, the annual Red River rivalry game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas is a tough ticket as well. To get into the Oct. 10 UT-OU game, fans are paying a median price of $447. That makes it the fourth most expensive ticket in college football, right behind Alabama-Auburn.

UT received a 5,000-ticket allotment for the Notre Dame game (it will distribute the same number to the Fighting Irish when they play in Austin in 2016). Those seats were made available for Longhorns season ticket holders to purchase, in order of their rank in UT’s loyalty points system. The same system is used to allocate tickets to the OU game.

For other fans, one of the only ways to get into either UT-Notre Dame or the Red River game is by hitting the secondary market. A look at StubHub this week showed the cheapest available ticket seat at Notre Dame — high in the corner above the end zone — costs $449. And for $3,582.50, a fan can get a seat a few rows behind the Longhorns bench.

My humble opinion is that every year ND seems to be overrated. But i admit i don't watch every game either. I do know they have a mobile qb that still needs development in the passing game.....So what are their Strengths/Weaknesses? How is their defense? I would appreciate anybody's thoughts on this

UT opens the 2015 season on a nationwide prime time TV broadcast against storied ND in South Bend. 

A difficult and expensive ticket to get.

The Longhorn Band will NOT be traveling to the game.  Do you know why? 

You can thank Stevie P's budget cuts.

To me, this is disgraceful and disgusting.  We look like Sul Ross State U. (or pick another small college) that cannot afford to send our band to South Bend. Our team and fans need the band at that game.

If I am the AD I find a way, I FIND a way.  We are the Jones's

I find the money somewhere to have our brand, uh I mean our band at THAT game.

i only live about three hours away from South Bend these days. So I thought, hey...what a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Texas against such a popular power in such an historic venue.

Yeah....can't afford that right now.

UT opens the 2015 season on a nationwide prime time TV broadcast against storied ND in South Bend.

A difficult and expensive ticket to get.

The Longhorn Band will NOT be traveling to the game. Do you know why?

To me, this is disgraceful and disgusting. We look like Sul Ross State U. (or pick another small college) that cannot afford to send our band to South Bend.

If I am the AD I find a way, I FIND a way.

I find the money somewhere to have our brand, uh I mean our band at THAT game.

Wow! This is Not good...The team should hear their fight song for support through out the game and after every score

UT opens the 2015 season on a nationwide prime time TV broadcast against storied ND in South Bend. 

A difficult and expensive ticket to get.

The Longhorn Band will NOT be traveling to the game.  Do you know why? 

To me, this is disgraceful and disgusting.  We look like Sul Ross State U. (or pick another small college) that cannot afford to send our band to South Bend. Our team and fans need the band at that game.

If I am the AD I find a way, I FIND a way.

I find the money somewhere to have our brand, uh I mean our band at THAT game.

Wow! This is Not good...The team should hear their fight song for support through out the game and after every score

You both need to let up and relax. You know good and well that we need that money to fly the team out to Dubai and Mexico City.

20Wj5gF.gif